cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

YiSu
Adept I

AMDRSServ.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

AMDRSServ.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware anyone know how to fix this? it happens everytime I play a game or do anything at all.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Chester1994
Challenger

What GPU and Windows version are you running? Are you using Windows as administrator?

Run the Powershell as admin and run these commands one by one.

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also update Windows.

0 Likes

Windows 10 pro

version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

yes I'm running windows as administrator

RX 6600XT 

Ryzen 5 5600g

COLORFUL BATTLE-AX B450M-HD V14

1 HDD 500 gb 7200 rpmScreenshot_24.png

1 sdd 120 gb

ram 8x2 2667 mhz

500 psu

0 Likes

I like using Appauls Tech site because they give good Troubleshooting tips. Just don't download their "Recommended" software to fix your problem: https://appuals.com/application-has-been-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware/

This Driver Updater website also give similar Troubleshooting tips just don't use their updating app: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/application-blocked-accessing-graphics-hardware-error-windows-1...

0 Likes

I did this and it didn't work. I also did a clean reinstall of windows 10. still not working it's even crashing in Roblox, I'm starting to wonder if it's my 500w PSU that isn't branded.

0 Likes

You can check your PSU by running OCCT PSU Test which runs both GPU and CPU Stress test at the same time. It will put maximum stress on the PSU.

While running the test keep a close eye at PSU Outputs 3.3/5.0/12.0 VDC and CPU and GPU temperatures.

NOTE: If you have a cheap low quality PSU the PSU test might damage it. If you have a good quality PSU it won't harm it all.

Drucki
Adept I

I had the same problem with my 6900XT.

After a clean Win10 reinstall it worked (no crashes) for about 9 days. Just when I was about to get happy, the crashes started again.

I found the solution in another post here:

Go to C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext and rename the AMDRSServ.exe to AMDRSServXXX.exe for example.

You will loose the ability to clip and save gameplay and the Performance Overlay, but also the crashes!

Just earlier after months and a few new drivers I renamed the file back to it's original name to see if it had been fixed but 5 mins into Valorant the driver crashed.

For some reason my friend does not have any problems like that with her 6800.

0 Likes
JernalinSadhoo
Journeyman III

"Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware" .. "Application AMDRSServ has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware."

Blocked by what??? When I clicked the notification in Windows 10 it just went away.

Basically I have been getting "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" > "Atikmpag.sys" every single time I have tried to install an AMD graphic driver. I have tried many, many different ones. I have been in contact with AMD customer support and they can't seem to figure it out.

Could it just be Windows considering AMD a threat and blocking it? I really want this to be the case so I don't have to return the card.

If Windows is just being really, really stupid.. do you guys know how to fix this?

0 Likes

I have the same issue with my RTX 2080 Super. 

But TDR or Timeout Detection and Recovery determines how long a process keeps attempting to access the GPU before it times out. If your GPU is not responding quickly, it can cross this timeout period and cause the error. 

To change it go to regedit 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers

If it has a TdrDelay value, double-click on it and change the Value data to 8. Then, click OK.

If it is not present, right-click GraphicsDrivers and select New.

If you have a 32-bit system, click DWORD (32-bit) Value. Otherwise, pick QWORD (64-bit) Value.

Name it as TdrDelay.

Double-click on it and set the Value data to 8. Then, click OK.

Restart.

If that didn't work make a DWORD value and name it TdrLevel and change the value to zero.

Hope this helps

0 Likes