Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

OlivierQC
Journeyman III

A slot without a PCI slot cover ?

Hello everyone,

I have a NZXT H7 Flow RGB and have just replaced my Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 Ti with a Tuf Gaming RX 7900 XTX.

I removed several PCI slot covers before installing the graphics card.

I now realize that one is missing, but when I look closer I'm not sure there's enough space to put it back because of the graphics card's plastic chassis.

Are you in the same situation as me and have you also left a slot without a PCI slot cover (see photo) ?

IMG_2934 copy.jpg

Thanks in advance

OlivierQC

0 Likes
2 Replies

According to Asus Specs your GPU card width uses up the same amount of space as 3.63 Motherboard slots: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rx7900xtx-o24g-gaming/tec...

Slot
3.63 Slot

So I would leave that off if you can't install it with the GPU card installed, since that might help in cooling your GPU card by allow more air to enter which will also allow more dust and dirt to enter.

But if that part of the GPU isn't extending out of the actual PCIe rear, you could remove the GPU card and install that cover back on and see if your can install the GPU Card again without interference. Since the cover has plenty of holes it will still allow air to enter through the rear and help cool the GPU card.

0 Likes
OlivierQC
Journeyman III

Thank you for your reply,

I'll leave it like that and occasionally if I have to remove the graphics card I'll check if I can put the cover back on.

See you soon