cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

fenggehuafashi123
Journeyman III

7900GRE OC Vram grey screen and freeze problem at LOW usage

When overclock my 7900gre at 2600 core, 2500 vram, 980mv. I observed an unstable phenomenon today.

• If I use a single 4K HDMI screen at the win11 desktop with the default performance setting, the core frequency will drop to "0", the memory frequency drops to 909 MHz, and the total power consumption is between 40 to 50 watts through GPU-Z sensors——Of course, the actual value cannot be 0.
  • When I open a game which I have setup with an OC profile. At the moment the memory frequency rises (909->2500), the screen goes gray, and this can be perfectly replicated everytime.

Then, I connected a secondary screen which is a 1080p hdmi2.0 display transformed from graphic DP2.1 port. 

• The memory frequency will keep high at the number I setted in driver software and will not raise and drop according to the usage, with the power consumption staying at about 70 to 80 watts.
  • When I open a game, the overclocking configuration is automatically applied, and no issue occurs, I can play the game steadily.

In other words, when in a default low-load, low-power state, a sudden rise in memory frequency causes issues. If the frequency is maintained at the overclocked rate from the start, it is relatively stable.  When you connect two screen, the memory frequency will not adaptive change. Maybe there's some problem about low load power allocation after overclocking.

windows 11

12600kf B760m 

ATX 3.0 850w Gold PSU, totally meet the demand.

XFX 7900gre white phoenix, +10% power limitation can reach to 330w.

0 Likes
0 Replies