Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Whatever123
Journeyman III

6700 XT black screen on boot

Hi,

my AMD 6700 XT is driving me crazy. My PC often boots to a black screen. Windows is running perfectly fine, I can hear the boot sound and even sound when I press keys but I simply can't see anything. I have a triple monitor setup connected via mini displayport (daisy chained, most of the time only two of these 3 screens are on) and another screen connected via HDMI. None of screens is working. Turning the monitors on and off again doesn't help but it does make the known connect & disconnect sounds. Unfortunately there also doesn't seem to be any hotkey to reboot from the Windows login screen so all I can do is restarting with the power key or reset key of my machine until it works. Sometimes even multiple restarts don't work and I have to keep the PC off for a few minutes before trying again. It's extremely frustrating.

GPU: AMD 6700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X
Drivers: AMD Software Adrenaline Edition v 24.2.1
Main Monitor (the one directly connected via mini display port): Dell U2717D

I have no other problems with this GPU. Once I got it running it simply works. No black screens while playing or anything. Only booting it a huge pain unfortunately. In sum it already cost me several hours to get it working.

I didn't have these problems when I got the GPU > 1 year ago. The problems only started a few months ago. Unfortunately I have no idea what might have triggered them.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this kind of problem and what  could fix it? I really don't want to get a new GPU but the current situation is unbearable and a huge waste of time.

0 Likes
0 Replies