cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

keij1
Journeyman III

WU force update old AMD graphic driver

I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the graphic driver and the AMD Adrenalin app version does not compatible with each other. Then I have to use the AMD Adrenalin app installer from their website and install both the graphic driver and the app ticking the Factory reset option while I install it. I just wondering if is there any way to stop WU from updating to an older version of the graphic driver but still let it update all other drivers such as the Samsung Electronic thing without having to reinstall the graphic driver using AMD Adrenalin and the factory reset option.

AMD WU.png

AMD Device manager.png

AMD Andrenaline.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.ht...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes