Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

frizzybusy
Journeyman III

wierd error message after gpu swap

Udklip.PNG

 i get this error message everytime i boot, it happend since i installed a new gpu 

anyone know a fix???

0 Likes
1 Reply

First thing you need to do is post your PC hardware/Software information.  Plus translate that error into English.

Googled that error .dll and found this MS Forum Thread that mentions it might be hardware related: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amdanrbgproc-function-ret0-size8-called/64d764...

Screenshot 2024-04-05 130945.png

This Reddit thread concerning the same issue as you with a new GPU card and same error: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/10ptwmu/getting_an_odd_error_on_startup_after_changing...

His fix to the problem from the above thread link:

Getting an odd error on startup after changing GPU

Solved

So I recently changed my GPU from an NVIDIA 2080 Super to AMD 7900 XT and ever since I'm getting an odd system file popup on system boot that I can't figure out and can't find much about online, so I'm hoping someone here might know more.

The error says that the file ANR-bgproc-Lib.dll in SYSTEM32 is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f.

Everything seems to be working fine and I know I didn't have any driver remnants from NVIDIA as I ran DDU in safe mode and double checked the installed drivers before I ran the setup for the AMD drivers.

Event Viewer has the same 9 errors every time starting with

The description for Event ID 2 from source AMD_ANR_BG_PROC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

AMD_ANR_BG_PROC

Function: AMD ANR Background Task Started. called.

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

The other events are dealing with call events for input and output devices and I can post those if needed. Keep in mind they're all Information events, so nothing serious and like I said everything seems to be running fine.

So far I've reinstalled the AMD software (nothing changed), ran SFC (came back clean), and ran DISM (again, nothing). I'm about to attempt another Safe Mode > DDU > install AMD drivers and I'll update this when I'm done, but beyond that I'm stumped.

Anyone know exactly what's going on here? I'm super curious since I haven't seen anything like this before.

Update: Well that was a trip. I fixed it but I'm honestly not too sure how or what was really wrong (beyond a corrupted file at any rate). Booted to safe mode, ran DDU for both AMD and Nvidia (just in case), and tried to reinstall the AMD software. It failed, giving me an error 192 which AMD has a whole help article for. SFC and DISM came back clean so I used the AMD Cleanup Utility and tried again after making sure the installer didn't leave any remnants, and it worked. Booted up normally, checked the AMD software and apparently I only had like half the program before because there was a lot more there this time. Rebooted again to make sure and nothing has popped up in the Event Viewer and I haven't gotten an error yet sooo....fixed?

I guess something screwed up on the first install even though it completed fine and I needed to completely purge the AMD stuff from my registry in order for the reinstall to fix it. Very odd, but hey if it works, it works. Hopefully this helps anyone else that comes across this problem in the future.

Here is a 2023 AMD Thread the mentions it might be a AMD Driver issue for the same error: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-version-22-9-1-anr-bgproc-lib-dll-error0x000012f-a...

0 Likes