cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Klaceyes
Adept I

White flash on latest 6900 series update (23.2.1)

Hi,

I've had problems in the past with the gpu driver that made random black screens when using windows 11 in random situations such as switching tabs on a web browser, switching between active apps and background ones, opening programs... all that was on the pre-7000 series release and updates on drivers for the 6000 series.

Now that i've updated few days ago to the 23.2.1, i still don't have crashes like when i used an older version, but this time random white screens appear that stays few milliseconds, and give me an effect like a flashbang. It's INCREDIBLY annoying with a connected rgb led on the back of the screen that makes it appear even more bright than it is.

I have no clue what can cause that, and it appeared randomly since the 23.2.1 updated driver, and to be honest i'm not sure the latest release for the two newcomed games will change anything (i won't play them anyway).

When i installed that driver i used the amd driver removal program to make a clean install, so i'm almost sure it's nothing like remnant glitch because of an older version. To be honest i don't know if there'll be any fix for that soon as i didn't saw anybody talking about this.

I'll add that i use a 240Hz screen and that the previous black screen problem was because of that, apparently AMD didn't found a stable way to prevent from these crashes/glitches happening since some time now even with the latest updates and hardware.
If that can help, here's my spec :

MSI rx6950xt trio gaming x
i5 13600k
corsair rgb 32gb ram, 3600MHz
mounted on a z690 gaming-x, bios updated for the 13600k
windows 11 updated, 64 bits

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

It sounds like you have been experiencing some frustrating issues with your GPU driver. It is possible that the white screen flashes you are seeing could be related to the driver update, although it is difficult to say for sure without more information.

One possible solution to try would be to roll back to a previous version of the driver that was working for you before the update to 23.2.1. You could also try doing a complete uninstall of the current driver using the AMD driver removal program and then reinstalling an older version.

If you continue to experience issues, it may be helpful to contact AMD support or seek assistance from a computer technician who is experienced in troubleshooting these types of issues. They may be able to help you pinpoint the root cause of the problem and find a solution.

It is also worth noting that some users have reported similar issues with AMD drivers and Windows 11, so it is possible that this is a larger issue that will require a fix from AMD or Microsoft. In the meantime, it may be worth keeping an eye out for any updates or patches that address these issues.

0 Likes

Hello ! Yes, the main issue is the driver i'm almost sure of that.

The thing is that i'm coming from a stable driver version that had no problems, but didn't supported latest game patches optimizations and even for some, blocked me from playing the game. All tries were done after a clean install of drivers, each time using the AMD Cleanup Utility to completely delete the previous one.
AMD told me to try to give the gpu a repair after many tryouts and workarounds, but in the end for the price i'm better to just send it back and ask for something else. I think i've seen similar issues happening also on the 7000 series so it looks like my goal is simply not doable on AMD gpus. Unfortunate.

0 Likes