cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Paper
Journeyman III

Warhammer Space Marine 2 Driver timeout

My game crashes every hour or two with AMD driver timeout. I cannot play the game any more now that I'm in a boss fight that the game CANNOT go through the fight without crashing. I've done everything I could think of. Lowered quality, limited fps, disabled igpu, DDU for new drivers, and basically everything else i could find that started with 'AMD driver timeout' on the first few pages on google.

I have an the following specs

AMD Radeon RX 7600 (with driver 24.10.37.10, yes installed clean)

AMD Ryzen 5 7600

48 GB Corsair RAM

700 wat Corsair PSU

Windows 11, fully updated.

56 Replies

I turned that off maybe 2 week's ago while trying to find solution. It fixes issues for notebooks powered by AMD) and its no help for me. I also turned resizeable BAR off. Coz, if it turn on, other games starting to crash. Freezing, black screen and Windows bsod... If resizeable BAR (SAM) is ON i cant even pass shaders compilation on Dragon's Dogma2. Ofcoz all firmware, bios, of motherboard are updated. I dont know. If i turn on fsr 3.1 framegen and anti lag in Ghost of Tsusima - games starts crashing. Even bsod. If i turn it off game runs fine, i played around 50 hours - no crashes. Framegen was a problem. So the question is... Why? Spacemarine 2 driver timeout, resizeable BAR crash every game, framegen crashing the games that officially got that support so it must be turn off. I believe my Asrock Taichi RX 7900 XTX is useless. I never have so much troubles with videocards, and then i have RX. Its a fckn hell.

0 Likes

I only ran Intel/Nvidia PCs for 20 years, and then decided to go fully AMD when I built this latest one back in December of 2023.   My experience has been the opposite of yours.  I haven't had any crashes whatsoever with any game I've played with this AMD rig until Space Marine 2.  I was getting consistent crashes in the same spots every time.  I had the campaign on a checkpoint that I could load on Mission 3 where you are going across rooftops.  I was able to get it to crash consistently within 5 minutes of loading that checkpoint.  It had something to do with those green floating mines that explode and release the green gas.  I think maybe it also had something to do with looking down a sniper scope because it always seemed to crash when I was looking down a scope and got hit by those green mines exploding near me. 

And the preview driver completely fixed it for me.  I played 3 hours last night and tonight I played another 4 hours and completed the cooperative campaign without a single crash.  

Honestly, in your case it sounds like maybe your Taichi card is defective, but it's a subtle defect where the card turns on and mostly "works", but has some kind of memory corruption going on that causes crashes all over the place.  I don't know, that's just a wild guess. 

0 Likes

Yes , i cant be sure for that 100% is driver issue. Mb its hardware, my Taichi itself. Thats why i run Dogma 2 for 5 hours, play around 12 hours on tekken 8. Fully complete ghost of tsusima walkthrough. My 13700kf fully load video card on Tsusima  and trepang2. 100% GPU load and 74°C heat. Factory OC with 1150V and 2900 mhz on GPU and 2600 Mhz on memory. Zero crashes. But if i trying play space marine...or turn on resizeable BAR- crash...driver 24.20.11.01

0 Likes

This doesn't fix it (disabling hardare accelerated GPU scheduling), my 7900XT rig is affected by the crasing to desktop but not my 7800XT PC.

0 Likes

Tested. Still crashing.

It is emberessing... Bought top AMD GPU and have to deal with driver problem for MONTH

0 Likes
Beans1
Adept I

i hope AMD is reading these because this is just not acceptable, at the start of the 4th week since release you still havent released the drivers for the game that you yourself sponsored, how on earth did you not make these drivers on day 1, all these crashes have made it impossible for me to actually enjoy the game, your preview drivers do nothing to help my crashes, i was told before i purchased my AMD card that you can make some pretty bad drivers but this is crazy, leaving a bad taste in my mouth, i wont be buying AMD cards anymore, no wonder you people dont have a bigger market share.

AMD believe that they will comeback with RX 8000 series...Well best of luck...

0 Likes
visario
Adept II

Driver version 24.9.1

visario_0-1727797779234.png

Mb you ppl have best luck. But iam done.

0 Likes

The preview drivers didn't fix it, so pretty sure this one doesn't either.

0 Likes
funks
Journeyman III

I fixed the problem with my 7900XT crashing in this game.  I thought it was the drivers but it ended up being the GPU temps.   

Try running HWINFO64 in the background and have it monitor the max GPU temp and GPU hotspot, on my Reference edition 7900XT - I was hitting 90c+ on the GPU temp, and 110c on the GPU hotspot.    It seems that the Reference Radeon 7900XT's bios does not max out the fan speed (limited to 66%) even though the GPU temps start hitting 90c+, why is it tuned this way?)

It wasn't the drivers and finally fixed thei ssue by setting a custom fan curve using Adrenaline  (created a profile for the game)- basically at 70c, had the GPU fan set to 75%, and at 95c - had it set to 100%.     The GPU isn't going above 80c anymore and no more crashes (24.9.1 drivers) on both the campaign and operations mode.

0 Likes

Literally did the exact same and it's still crashing.

Same for me.  Still crashing.

0 Likes
OfficerTux
Journeyman III

Don't know if it has been posted yet, but for me it helped to limit the maximum GPU clock using the Performance tools form Adrenaline.

Unusually I run my 7900 XTX at max 3000 MHz limiting it to 2600 MHz has fixed the issue, same for a friend of mine.

I had the same problems in Helldivers 2 and God of War (the first one), for both this fix worked.

0 Likes

Instead of doing that, maybe set the power limit to -5 or -10 just to test?   Specifically if this is an overlclocked card and doesn't match the reference models power limit.

It just might mean that the video card manufurers power limit 'overclock' isn't stable.

0 Likes

It is a reference design card (on which I installed a water coole). I do not overclock it, I habe just slightly undervolted it, but removing the undervolt does not fix the issue.

I have done quite some testing and I am pretty sure the card gets unstable in some games once it reaches a certain clock. I have found several posts on the net where people have the same issue.

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

use the latest pro drivers , you can download them from same place you download adrenalin drivers, when you choose the windows type and show up the list for that windows, it will be below the adrenalin drivers link.. after install the window will be blue instead of red 

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Ram - MSI B550 Gaming Plus - Win 11 / AMD R7 1700 - PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

I do not know what else to tell you , but can you just try the Pro Drivers, you can download them from the same place as the adrenalin ones they are below the link for the adrenalin ones on the download page after you choose the windows that you have. they are old but just give it a try. there is something wrong with latest adrenalin driver, i had issues with it after i updated to windows 11 24h2 it can be a coincidence or no, no the first time i get screwed by windows updates. Just try those drivers if they do not work for you just DDU and install last month adrenalin driver

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Ram - MSI B550 Gaming Plus - Win 11 / AMD R7 1700 - PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes