cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Razerid67
Journeyman III

The version of AMD radeon software you have launched is not compatible

I have been experiencing this issue about a week now that the installed driver is not compatible I tried every solution/fixes the internet can provide nothing works it always says every time I turn on my pc or even after reinstalling it  the message would pop up immediately after the installation, I'm really worried and annoyed by this issue and I'm afraid that I'll get a new gpu but of course I don't have the money, but please this is my last resort can anyone provide a working solution on this please. the picture of the issue is provided with a link below 

https://ibb.co/5jPr2LK 
https://ibb.co/dMBkn4w
https://ibb.co/f10FRSp - my pc specs

0 Likes
14 Replies
amdman
Challenger

After some searching it appears the Windows driver is installing an older version? If so you should be able to DDU, then set windows to not update the drivers for the card, you can find out online how to do that, I know you tried lots of things, try this: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300.

You may have to search and try a few different ways to set it so Windows Update doesn't update the driver.

I had an older PC I hadn't ran Windows Update on and it for a long time and an older Adrenalin version and Windows Update put the basic Windows driver on it (really basic, no Adrenalin settings, really useless) and then I installed the latest Adrenalin. It's a similar problem. For some reason I just put the latest one and it worked and I didn't get any problems.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set the device installation setting in Hardware to no, this prevents the installation of Microsoft drivers for the graphics. They don't get along with AMD. First run Windows Update and then deactivate it, download the chipset driver of the motherboard from the AMD support site and install it, including the Radeon 21.12.1. With DDU without network (deactivate network card) in safe mode delete everything and then install the Radeon driver and restart, activate network.

0 Likes

Nice I'm not the ONLY one with the this stupid microsoft Update replacing AMD drivers with ancient versions...but yeah.. I tried ALL options to disable windows update drivers...group policies... system properties...nothing works,

For now do what we do,.... set windows update to pause for a month, then update AMD drivers to latest, Until this non-sense gets sorted out...I;ve posted this issue already to AMD, and ASUS....and we should post to microsoft also....the *cringe* is strong with this one.. usual microsoft thing though.

0 Likes

I would try what berndmuaddib suggested. I can't believe Microsoft hasn't gotten enough complaints to change the decision to force drivers, look at what you have to do to actually get some decent recent drivers on the PC. Causes more problems than it fixes.

yeah but you gotta admit,...microsoft windows has been heavily favouring Intel lately.. both with Window 11, intel chips running faster, an other joint projects they are doing together....they've even said windows is best matched with Intel chips now.... Talk about unfair practices,,,and monopolies..... * I can't believe Microsoft hasn't gotten enough complaints* - pretty sure they have...but they've clearly done nothing about it....for a year now...

0 Likes

MS gave the free upgrade to 10 for a reason, run home version and suffer the unwanted updates (be the guinea pig/beta tester), or pay to upgrade to pro vers. where you can modify/choose/delay updates with gpedit.

There are 3rd party apps that can mostly delay/stop MS driver updates, but they vary on effectiveness.

And of course you have OEM system builds where they supply drivers to MS which may take precedence.  

I've run win pro vers. since XP. the extra control over the OS function ability is well worth the initial cost over the hassle of unwanted C.U. preview/driver updates.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

bluestargeneral you are correct, and we as the consumers lose. I think big tech is more concerned with telling people how to think than actually competing and supporting standards. The facts about how they favor intel is so in your face it's literally evidence for a court case. Maybe if enough people complain...

0 Likes

Your right. But A I'm tired of these super rich corporations using us as FREE-TESTERS... seriously any issues that can't be fixed on a sheet from an indian call center...You're on your own. Utterly useless, also why should we be doing all the work finding fixes and addressing these problems anyway? It's not like we're getting anything from this, the hassle I had talking to microsoft, AMD, and ASUS support, just BRICK-WALLS....just isn't worth the hassle.

Yeah if the AMD board of directors wasn't so utterly incompetent they would have looked into this microsoft clearly favoring INTEL and start proceedings, on the basis of creating monopolies and unfair free market practices..

Why bother at the end of the day, maybe we need to be less fanboys of company XYZ, who clearly just hold us consumers with utter contempt.

0 Likes

if you want further proof, of how they are using us as unpaid testers...just look at the image that's next to your post name...yeah it's all AMD logos...

0 Likes

I agree, the problem is the users don't complain enough or the company ignores complaints and the users don't have any power in the situation, and the company saves money, this is what we get. Seems like all businesses act this way now.

0 Likes

bluestargeneral_0-1641396008184.png

Yeah I've had enough of being treated with contempt and as free tech-support by these insanely rich big tech corporations... Don't give them any loyalty... because it's one-sided non-sense... We should be holding them all to account..

PSD

0 Likes

Problem started when Microsoft got rid of all their testers and made the developers do the testing which turned out the users do it. Other companies followed.

I post on here to help people that it doesn't seem fair they have bought expensive hardware and are getting little to no support. If I can help a little maybe they will have less frustration. It's not right some of us have to do it, but the world isn't very right most of the time, so I choose to help with a little of my time.

0 Likes

I agree with your sentiment....and 100% right about microsoft starting all this.... if the big tech companies would meet us half-way and ACTUALLY have their coders, tech guys jump in on here, that would be great.... Just feels like us having to carry all the weight, 

Basically we're ENABLING this, by compling with them... Gamefying these support forums with badges and so on, isn't the answer. We need qualified support tech guys working on the actual code to be jumping in and evaluating issues on here.

0 Likes

HI, Looks like i am unable to install AMD Graphic Drivers and it says driver not compatible. Need to get this up and running as soon as possible please help.  

0 Likes