cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

OGBossotron3000
Journeyman III

The new update has ruined my pc

First of the date is 08/31/2024.  I have been trying to reset my pc and many other things to try and resolve this issue,  I downloaded the driver from a couple of days ago about two hours ago and now I can’t click on anything or open anything.  I can’t even turn off my pc!    My computer seems ruined because of this update and I can’t even factory reset my pc cause I don’t have the space on my c drive.    
as someone on a fixed and very limited income,   This has honestly screwed me over big time.  I cannot say that I haven’t been thinking of letting my pc get to know Kurt cobain on a personal level or letting my dear freind take a drive with Paul walker.      

if anybody can offer any advice on what I can do.  Please help me.   This is all I got man.    

long story short.  I updated the newest drivers of 08/29/24 and now I can’t left or right click on anything.  Mouse can move but no clicky.   And I am also on windows 11.   Idk if that is relevant. 

thank you all for your time. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

You can navigate a Windows computer without a mouse.

Windows Key + S

Type in System Restore

Hit Enter

Tab to System Restore

Hit Enter

It should default to the date/time prior to your last update as "Recommended Restore"

Hit Enter

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Let me clarify,   I have tried this.   My pc physically won’t open anything.  No applicatioms, no files, no settings. 

I was able to boot into bios and I tried to factory reset but it told me to clear space on my c drive which is unfortunately not possible considering I can’t click anything

0 Likes

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

You can open a support ticket here:

https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

I have not tried this yet.  I will try it as soon as I am physically able to.     Thank you for your help!

0 Likes