cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

midjny
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master: unable to initialize on Windows 11 | AM5 7900X

Hi, My PC has a AMD Ryzen 9 7900X processor. The motherboard is B650E.  I want to use Ryzen Master to figure out a secure voltage to lower the temperature and reduce the power consumption of the processor. But it won't start. 

I just installed Windows 11, and updated to the latest. Installed the latest AMD Chipset drivers. Then installed the latest version of Ryzen Master, downloaded from AMD's website. And it just cannot start.

The only error message is "Ryzen Master unable to initialize. Kindly reinstall the program. Hence Aborting!". I guess it is not very useful to identify the root cause.  I cannot find any error logs in the installation directory. 

I've tried to re-install the software, or fixing the "imagePath" key in the registry as it worked for some other users. Tried redownloading the app. Tried rebooting, etc. Nothing worked. I do not want to disable Windows Defender because a software built by a reputable company such as AMD should not require their users to disable Windows Defender to run their software like what a malware or a virus would do. It looks there also is no other channels than this forum to seek official help from AMD for their software. 

Please help. Much appreciated. 

2 Replies
midjny
Journeyman III

I want to use Ryzen Master to figure out a secure voltage to lower the temperature and reduce the power consumption

I figured this part out by upgrading the BIOS and setting up ECO mode there. But Ryzen Master still cannot launch. 

0 Likes
gagan_kumar
Journeyman III

Having the same issue with Ryzen 9 7900x with Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX (F5 BIOS).

0 Likes