cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Fabiocosta
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600g only turns on with hair dryer

Good morning, I have a Ryzen 5 5600g, asus b450m gaming motherboard, XPG Gammix D45 2x8gb 3200mhz memory.

The PC only turns on after heating the motherboard with a hair dryer, I've seen the same problem with other motherboards. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies

It sounds like your motherboard has some microscopic broken metal traces on it. When you heat the motherboard with the Hair Dryer it causes the metallic traces to expand and make contact thus everything starts working normally.

Could also be that hardware is not making good contact with the motherboard and when you heat the motherboard the contacts expand making good contact again with the hardware.

Could also be some electronic part on the motherboard that is going bad and the heat makes it start working.

either way I would try another motherboard and see if the same thing happens.

But I just reread your original post and you mentioned this has happened with other motherboards. That pretty much eliminate all of the above that i mentioned.

So it could be a bad PSU.

I would use OCCT to stress test the PSU and see what happens. If it crashes immediately or what. Also check the PSU outputs and hardware temperatures and fan speeds to make sure it isn't overheating and your have proper 3.3/5.0/12.0 VDC output.

maaaad
Journeyman III

Good afternoon! I've been having the same problem, I have a ryzen 5 3600, 2x8 3200mhz and also a asus b450. Unintentionally, configuring some things in the bios due to instabilities I was having in games, I ended up disabling the memory's XMP profile and locking the processor clock at stock (or a little higher, in my case the 3600 works from 3.6 to 4.2Ghz and I fixed it at 3.8ghz) and surprisingly this problem was fixed. If anyone is still having this problem and wants to try it at their own risk, maybe this is a solution.

0 Likes