cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

JosephFelice
Adept I

RX 5500 xt 4gb black screening while trying to watch youtube videos on google chrome

Recently downgraded my graphics card from a msi rx 5600 xt 6gb to a sapphire rx 5500 4gb pulse edition and earlier I experienced back to back black screen crashes of the drivers. At the time of the crash I was on an html 5 chatroom and watching a youtube video on google chrome. Do I need to be on a different driver? Is the latest driver not good for this graphics card? I hope this graphics card isn't dying since I don't have warranty for it. I seem to only have issues with the driver crashing when it comes to google chrome. I don't believe I've experienced any crashing in video games but I haven't play any video game for like 3-4 hours straight. I probably played gta v for an hour or so occasionally. I've had issues with Sapphire brand graphics cards in the past. The only reason I have sapphire now is because I made a graphics card trade with someone plus cash because I wanted to buy stuff online. I don't think the card is dying but I need to hear another opinion. I am assuming it's driver related.  About two hours ago it black screen about 3 or 4 times in a row rapidly and kept warning me about the driver has crashed. I got scared and shut off computer. I really hope this graphics card isn't dying because Sapphire is very stingy and probably wouldn't repair this even if i paid them some money. I do not like Sapphire. 

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 7 3700 

Msi b450 tomahawk max motherboard

corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb ram

Sapphire rx 5500 xt 4gb pulse edition.

0 Likes
1 Reply
belaabodi69
Journeyman III

I have a similar problem with my MSI 5500 XT 8gb. It is randomly crashing on idle doing nothing or watching youtube, office work etc. During gameplay the card is stable, I can play or stress test the card as long as I want. But when the card is doing nothing or almost nothing, it crashes randomly. When it does, sometimes the PC will not freeze, I can shut it down with the keyboard and sometimes it freezes completely. Very annoying problem, it is hard to reproduce and it always happens when you least expect it. There will be something with the card power management, or a bug in the driver, or both.

0 Likes