Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Benefit
Journeyman III

ROG AMD Vega 64 Black Screen

Hello everyone!
I'm starting really to regret my decision of buying an AMD product right now since my
GPU is giving me a blackscreen on some games and the only thing I can do is a hard reset to fix it.

Some Games crash some dont for example Games like:
Marvel Spiderman, Cyberpunk 2077, Sims 4, Death Stranding WORK FINE

Civ6, Warhammer 3 CRASH WITH BLACK SCREEN.

Specs:
ROG- Strix Z390-E Gaming
i7-9700K
RX VEGA 64
BE QUIET! Pure Power 11 FM 850W

Can anyone help me solve this issue please?

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I'm sorry, but what you just posted is not enough, its a wild goose chase.
Normally Black Screens is something related to software corruption, when GPU's go sour normally they'll artifact first.

Use DDU, check thermals, try repairing OS with SFC, re-seat the card.

in CIV6, is it crashing with DX11 or DX12? I'm under the impression it has both renderers so try the one that does not crash for troubleshooting issues.

This is what I can recommend right now.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi,
thank you very much for your response!
Everything is fresh installed because corrupt drivers was also something I thought but its still happening so that cant be a thing.
Its not overheating because I checked and its at 65°C.
I prefer to play on dx11 but I will give it a try on dx12 - still I need a solutions so that I can be sure it wont happen again and not with other games.

0 Likes
spicegod
Adept II

Myself and other with a similar issue had success with this>

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/6600xt-crash-black-screen/m-p/545508/highlight/true#M88720

ive tried to disable it everywhere thats open. steam, battlenet, chrome, spotify, discord, overwolf. and no more black screens. worth a try

0 Likes
kellyhilton123
Journeyman III

I updated to the newest AMD drivers both for chipset and GPU (I will copy my specs below for reference) and started having random Black screens.

To be specific, while playing any game, the card switches off and the monitor goes blank randomly and without any warning, while the rest of the PC seems ok, NUM lock responding, leaving me no option but to Shutdown via the Power button. To make matters even weirder, the card would benchmark FurMark @ 1440p with MSAAx8 for over 25 minutes with not a single Black screen!

0 Likes