cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

matandan
Journeyman III

Recently got GOT, PC won't stop crashing... Help!

I recently got the game. I'm frustrated because I'm enjoying the game a lot, but lost all motivation to play it cause the PC crashes (no BSOD, just immediate shutdown with no notice) 10-15 minutes into playing on average.

I'm on:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - 6 Cores, RAM - 16 GB

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT Primary/Discrete

VRAM 8176 MB GDDR6 2190 MHz

Windows 11 Pro

I tried playing around with Adrenalin, and I got the same result. YT tutorials (I was convinced they were VRAM-related) were of no help.

Sometimes when it crashes (usually not) I get this message: A problem has occurred with your display driver. This can be caused by out-of-date drivers, using game settings higher than your GPU can handle, an overheating GPU, or an error with the game. Please try updating your graphics drivers, or lowering your in-game settings. Current GPU and graphics driver: AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT, 24.8.1

(0x887A0006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

I'm no expert when it comes to this, but I checked the Event Viewer (Windows Logs/System) and the "Critical" level event is:

Log Name: System
Source: Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41
Level: Critical
User: SYSTEM
OpCode: Info
Logged: 05/09/2024 2:05:08
Task Category: (63)
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

I've played other AAA games that worked fine (HFW being the last one, pretty much maxed out all the settings), on GOT I set everything to the lowest possible, FPS included (only didn't settle on resolution) and the problem persists.

If there's any more information that would help, I'll gladly add it. I'm hoping someone here already had this problem and fixed it, or has the knowledge to understand the source of the problem, I'm seriously clueless at this point. I am against running to post a question whenever I get stuck on something, but I'm desperate and seriously out of ideas.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the graphics driver. I updated the game today and started getting this message: The code execution cannot proceed because amd_fidelityfx_d3d12.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I tried using DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers (24.8.1), but I got the same error. Maybe there's a more stable (not as new) version I should be using? I've tried 23.12.1 as well, without Adrenalin (drivers only)...

0 Likes
0 Replies