cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

thansen56
Adept II

Radeon Software 21.10.2 breaks Ryzen Master driver setup

I have a Gigabyte X570s, 5900X with a Radeon 6600.   I have Ryzen Master installed.   I recently installed and setup the Radeon Software for graphics card driver update and management.  This creates a profile that appears to make a conflicting registry entry for the Ryzen Master driver causing the driver to NOT load when starting the Ryzen Master program.

One driver instance is configured to run from "\??\C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys"

Then the second instance is setup to run from 

\??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

I believe that the Ryzen Master software tries to start the second instance from the registry key AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 and cannot because the other instance is already running.

The error is 

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error:
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

My guess is that Ryzen master installs this driver which then conflicts with this profile model that the Radeon Software is trying to manage.  Seems like these two programs need to get in sync.

0 Likes
4 Replies
FederaluL
Adept III

check your registry -> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services -> how many AMDRyzenMasterDriverV you have? if more than 1 delete the lowest (leave only AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19).

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes

I do know how to fix it with a registry edit.  Just trying to report the issue hoping that AMD fixes it.  I will try to update chip set drivers, but I believe they are the latest.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Have you tried uninstalling Ryzen Master and then reinstall it?

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com too

ThreeDee PC specs

That doesn't fix it.  It just installs the same problem again.  It doesn't understand the second instance in the profile.

0 Likes