cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Phantom69
Adept I

Problems with Adrenalin 23.5.2 and its PRO version too (Q1 2023)

error.jpg

External programs don't have acces, to the current state of card - it doesn't matter which version i will install - Adrenaline 23.5.2 or it's PRO version, result is always the same as on picture.  Older drivers dont have the issue... Anyone has experienced this?

0 Likes
11 Replies

Looks like the AMD Driver is either corrupted or didn't install correctly by your GPU-Z image:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 085045.png

Click on the "?" after the PCI Speed. It is showing as PCIe 2.0 and see if that changes to PCIe 4.0. When you click on the Question mark this other Menu pops up:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 084658.png

To make sure the AMD Driver wasn't corrupted during its installation use the following procedure:

Download and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the Internet disconnected and deleting AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD.

Once it reboots back, install the latest AMD Driver and check GPU-Z and see all boxes are now filled.

0 Likes

Before i post i doing everything possible before.... My conclusion is this is driver issue becouse older version works fine. I installed Adrenaline Gaming and PRO versions and output is the same - no info in external programs, only exception is Aida64 where voltage fan spin etc is reported correctly.

Driver performance tab is working too, issue only with trixx or gpu-z and related to that porograms software. Buss interface is showing correctly card is PCI-e 4.0 and bus on mobo is only 2.0.

error1.jpg

0 Likes

First of all, can you post your PC information. It is possible the problem is due to your PC hardware being old because I noticed it had PCIe 2.0 in GPU-Z which indicates an old Motherboard PCIe speed.

The Pro version of AMD driver is not optimized for gaming while the normal Adrenaline Driver is.

Does the normal Adrenaline driver when installed show a correct GPU-Z?

I just find it unusual that it doesn't show in GPU-Z all the specs of your GPU card.

as an example here is my GPU-Z for my Nvidia 1070 GPU card:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 130450.png

You noticed that all fields are correctly populated. Yours should look the same as far as the fields being populated.

Using DDU will remove all traces of the current AMD Driver from your PC and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD will prevent older AMD driver files from corrupting your new AMD Driver installation.

It is possible the Pro version might not show all the field in GPU-Z being populated but the normal Adrenaline should, in my opinion.

Googled to locate a GPU-Z with the RX 6900XT (Sapphire) to show you how a correct GPU-Z should look like:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 132145.png

Also it is possible that Sapphire Trixx might be interfering with the AMD Driver or Radeon Settings.

0 Likes

OK one more time becouse i see you dont understood my problem.

HERE are the newest drivers and problem:error.jpg

AND HERE IS OLD DRIVERS whitout problem - you see differencies??

error2.jpg

Every time i install newest drivers, Sapphire TRIXX or GPU-Z don't have acces to driver related data as GPU CLOCK, Core Voltage etc. In the same time if i install the old one as this Adrenaline 23.2.1, all data is accesible by  programs like GPU-Z. And I'm wondering what is cause of this? No game issues but programs displays nothing...

That doesn't look like a regular RTM driver version?

This is mine on Win.10 RTM for ref.,

trixx-gpuz.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I understood what you were saying but what I was saying is that your latest AMD Driver could have corrupted when it was installed.

But thanks for clarifying the issue better. Basically you are saying the latest Windows 11 Driver is not working correctly on your PC while the older Windows 11 Driver are.

Goodplay uploaded the same Model of GPU with correct looking GPU-Z  but using Windows 10 AMD driver instead of Windows 11.

The only thing I can figure something is in conflict or incompatible causing the latest AMD driver not to work properly

Try opening a AMD SUPPORT ticket and see what they say from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

NOTE: Did you use DDU and deleted the C:\AMD installation folder when you installed the latest AMD Driver by any chance?

Here is the latest Release Notes and download for Windows 11 AMD Driver for the 6900XT: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-5-2

0 Likes

Ahh and i almost forgot it's my ride spec:

PS - Seasonic Prime TX-1000 Titanium + UPS APC 2KW in online mode

AMD FX-8370

Gigabyte GA-990FX-GAMING V1.1 bios F2 + TPM V1.2

SSD NVMe WD Black M2 PCI-e 250GB drive for system

6x HDD - summarry 6TB (5xWD 1x Seagate)

DVD Plextor PX-891SAF

BlueRay Pioneer  BDR-209D

RAM KINGSTON KHX2133C11D3/8GX x4 (XMP@1600MT 32GB summary)

Graphics: Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900XT

Monitor Philips 29" 298X4QJAB/00 + TV 40"

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series PCI-e

HDD controller: Marvell 88SE9128 SATA 6Gb/s Controller

LAN: Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter + BT 

Logi C310 HD WebCam

and Logitech G915/G903+powerplay mouse pad

and some printers

ALL working under WIN 11 installed normally ( YES WIN  11 install normally if you have UEFI bios and TPM module minimum version 1.2 )

0 Likes

And one more thing - screens i posted before was taken on PRO drivers and here are from normal adrenaline:

error3.jpg

0 Likes

I know in my ride is some components who are bottlenecked by mobo/CPU, but i still upgrading that PC, and collecting some cash to buy AM5 platform ( CPU MOBO and RAM )

0 Likes

How did you over ride Windows 11 Incompatible Processor when you installed Windows 11 using your FX-8370?

You need a Ryzen ZEN+ or newer Processor to be compatible with Windows 11.

As long as your GPU card is working correctly that is all that matters. If not just downgrade the AMD driver to the last one that worked correctly until your upgrade our PC with a supported Processor.

0 Likes