cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Lucho00
Adept I

Problem with compatibility

I bought the grafic card Radeon RX 580 with 8 gb, and I have an Admiral monitor model: "AD2412FHD". The problem is that when I intall the drivers for the 580 my image became so cloudy that instead of seing the image at 1080 p, I'm watching it in a kind of 360p, cuality talking. I suppose that the reason is a problem with  the compatibility of the drivers or the default configuration that propose the Radeon software, which is not a good one. I also can see the trail of the mouse when I move it quickly in a black background.  I'm using an HDMI cable to conect the computer with the monitor, but when I used a cable hdmi to vga the problem disappear so probably the problem is related with the hdmi configuration and with the fact that I use an old monitor. Any help is usefull, thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Sorry about your problematic card. It sounds like a bad GPU.

If you bought the card new recently, then exchange it, it is defective. If it is used then ask the seller for a refund. If it used to be fine and now is not and is under warranty, talk to the support department of whom made the card about an RMA. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes

I don't believe that the case, cause when I first turn on the pc, everything was fine but at the moment when I install the drivers the probleme appeared

0 Likes

From what I understand when you use a HDMI cable from the GPU card directly to the TV HDMI input it doesn't work correctly but when you connect a HDMI>VGA adapter cable it works fine.

Sounds like you need to change Monitor settings from VGA to HDMI input and see if it works.

If it works with the HDMI>VGA cable to me it indicates that the GPU Card is outputting HDMI correctly. Also seems to indicate the Monitor might be set for VGA and not HDMI input.

I would check to make sure your Admiral Monitor is set for HDMI and not VGA in the Monitor's settings and also in Radeon Settings put everything to default and check to see if there are any HDMI settings in there that you might be able to change.

I tried but it does't work

0 Likes

To rule out either the GPU card or the Admiral see if you can hook up a different monitor or even a TV set using HDMI and see if it works correctly.

If another HDMI monitor/TV set works correctly than the problem is with your Admiral.