cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

farripa
Journeyman III

PC crash while playing

So I was playing Escape from Tarkov which apparently has some memory leak issues. I was running a 2, 3 hour session, while watching youtube videos plus a bunch of tabs on my second monitor.

all of a sudden, whole pc, both monitors, and the mouse freezes, sound still playing. then screen goes black. only ambient noise playing now. I hold power to turn PC off, when I turn it back on it shows me a windows recovery screen. I play around with the boot options (setting to default, then back to what i had) and it booted normally.

Then something happened today where the freeze happened again, but now screen didnt go black, but AMD software gave me a warning saying "AMD detected a driver timeout", and then the screen unfroze and the game crashed. Happened twice. I have all my drivers up do date and i recently cleaned my whole PC, ran scannow, malware bytes, etc.

Is this a graphics card issue (i bought it second hand, it's a RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB)? Like a VRAM issue or something? Is it a software related issue?

The windows recovery and not booting thing made me think maybe its an issue with my windows, but these problems only happen while playing and watching something on my second screen.

Do I need to buy a new GPU, should I format my PC?

0 Likes
1 Reply
vialli100
Forerunner

Hi,

You will need to list your PC components including PSU?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.