Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

egha38
Journeyman III

Missing/disabled graphical functions after new drivers installed

Dear forum,

Last month I both a) installed the latest AMD graphics drivers and b) installed the Windows 10 1809 Update around the same time. Since then I've not been able to access either of 1) the built-in Windows blue light filter, AKA Night Mode or 2) the function to change the screen brightness of my laptop. I also discovered I can no longer mirror my display to a television screen using the HDMI output as it then only says 'unavailable' and that something may be wrong with the drivers.

Of note, the AMD drivers were actually a failed installation on the first attempt - I tried updating them through Windows Update which told of installation failure and I could also notice an instant drop in display resolution. Probably something went wrong there. I then got the Win 10 1809 Update installed as I figured the latest Win version may be required to successfully install the latest graphics drivers. However, with the 1809 update I've tried installing the latest graphics drivers through AMD's Adrenalin program but have had no luck in getting function back.

I've since both rolled the Wndows 10 back to the previous version and uninstalled the AMD drivers and instead installed the second-to-latest drivers to see if this would help, but no success. I've read up on this around the internet and tried more than a handful of different solutions to get these functions back with no success. I have also run the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and SFC /SCANNOW commands which didn't seem to do much.

My machine details below:

HP Pavilion 15 purchased new in the year 2017

AMD Radeon R7 M340 and AMD Radeon R5 graphics cards

Drivers from 2018-11-30 (version 25.20.14011.10001) and 2017-10-26 (version 22.19.180.1025) respectively

CPU is AMD A-10 9600P 4 x 2.40 GHz

RAM is 8 GB

64-bit Windows 10 version 1803

Any help with this greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need more software or hardware info. Cheers.

0 Likes
0 Replies