Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

NavN
Journeyman III

Locating and auto-installing AMD graphics drivers for linux

Hello,

Since nobody replied to my previous question, I'm not expecting any answers to this either, but I'll post it anyway.

Background info:

Hardware: I have a Dell IN2030 monitor with a max resolution of 1600x900. I also have an AMD Ryzen5 5600G and an MSI B550M PRO VDH motherboard, where I'm using the HDMI port.

Problem: In Ubuntu, I noticed that the screen resolution appears to be quite low (the green start button of Counterstrike GO on Steam does not even appear on the screen). As compared to Windows, where I noticed an improvement in resolution after installing the motherboard drivers.

What to improve:

Question: Do I need to install these drivers in Ubuntu to get better resolution? Could you mention the requisite information on that page so that people wouldn't have to come to this forum to ask.

Suggestion: When installing Ubuntu, it allows auto-downloading third party drivers. Could you please include such drivers in the auto-install process of Ubuntu. It may require you to get in touch with Ubuntu developers.

More support: The drivers appear to be for Ubuntu 22. However, many people still use Ubuntu 20 because Ubuntu 22 isn't very stable yet and many apps haven't adapted fully well to Ubuntu 22. So could you please make drivers available for Ubuntu 20 too?

0 Likes
0 Replies