cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Freemon
Journeyman III

gpu reference temperature adrenalin software

hi, i'm a new user of amd, i have a rx 6800xt from xfx, when i open the adrenalin software, i read hard temperature measurements : gpu temperature (usually 70°) and junction temperature (even reaches 90° sometimes) it's normal ? what should I watch ? the highest or the lowest?, there is a lot of space and airflow in the case
Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Maximum Operating Temperature of the 6000 series GPU cards is 110c. So you are well within the Operating temperature range.

If you should see the Hot Spot (Tjunction) start reaching 110c or hotter then that is the time to start troubleshooting your GPU cooling system.

if your temps are normal depends on a lot of factors besides other Users with a similar GPU card can give their inputs as far as temperature for the GPU cards for you to compare.

NOTE: Once the Hot Spot reaches 110c the GPU card will automatically start to throttle to keep the Hot Spot at or below 110c.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The Maximum Operating Temperature of the 6000 series GPU cards is 110c. So you are well within the Operating temperature range.

If you should see the Hot Spot (Tjunction) start reaching 110c or hotter then that is the time to start troubleshooting your GPU cooling system.

if your temps are normal depends on a lot of factors besides other Users with a similar GPU card can give their inputs as far as temperature for the GPU cards for you to compare.

NOTE: Once the Hot Spot reaches 110c the GPU card will automatically start to throttle to keep the Hot Spot at or below 110c.