cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Paulymcnasty
Journeyman III

games run porrly after two latest gpu driver updates

i have the 6800xt. got it in november and every game ive played has run flawlessly....until the last two driver updates. games now run so poorly i cant stand to play anything. im also experiencing artifacts in warzone and battlefield v and apex. i must say though that the new assassins creed game and starwars jedi: fallen order run with absolutely no issues. ive tried everything from amd cleanup utility to DDU with nothing being resolved. to be clear, i tried rolling back to the november driver and it seemed to work for a while then the same issues started again. i updated my bios, made sure all windows updates were done as well.

specs

i9-1090k

6800xt

asus z490 e gaming mobo

32gb corsair vengence 

corsair hx850i psu

corsair h150i capallex aio

0 Likes
1 Reply
xlox
Forerunner

hi

artefacts is no good .. maybe hardware problem if you didn't oc ,.. or maybe psu too weak ... but i did get artefacts too and had to rma the card ... didn't receive it back yet , but have a 6900xt now and have no issues for now ...

about performance you can try to raise minimum frequency in wattman, seem to solve a lot of fps issues lately (except for cyberpunk of course)

in fact i tested BFV too , not working very well with rt, i think ray tracing support in this game is poor (in fact i get good performance during firsts minutes than perfomance degrades... althought maybe there is updates since i tested it ..)

0 Likes