cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

gurgena_13
Journeyman III

dual monitor one 240hz and one 60hz

so basically  i have a problem, i bought a 240hz monitor plugged it into my rx 570 it worked just as expected i set it at 240hz and rendered at 240hz after i thought it would be cool to have dual monitors and i brought my 60hz monitor and plugged both monitors in the same gpu (the 60hz one is vga and it is plugged in the rx 570 with an vga to hdmi adapter and 240hz one hdmi) then i went to play some doom eternal and then when i opened msi afterburner and checked how the game was running i saw that my game was running at 60 fps capped (yes i tried v sync on and off and even adaptive) then i immediately realized that my second screen was the issue but i couldnt fix it i tried everything and after all that hard work i decided to just unplug my second monitor. after when i reset the computer i put my monitor at 240hz in windows but when i played games i realized it immediately that it was not rendering as 240hz and when i checked it was 60 fps locked i tried making a custom resolution 1920x1078 it worked fine it unlocked the fps but it still didnt feel that it was rendering at 240hz i dont know what to do im stuck and ive tried everything maybe it is rendering at 240hz but i would at least feel it that it was an actual 240fps gameplay (btw i was getting 240fps or a little bellow so yes my gpu was handling the games) maybe im wrong or maybe im right but i need some help from people who experienced this or at least know a solution and i would love for someone to help me

when i had both monitors plugged it windows recognized my main 240hz monitor as the second one and the 60hz one as the 1st one

0 Likes
0 Replies