Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

tutuluo
Journeyman III

DUAL GPU PROBLEM IN MAC PRO BOOTCAMP

Here is the situation

I have a mac pro 2019 and I got a w5700x and a radeon VII. it works well in mac. But in windows 10, this two card cannot both well recognized.

tutuluo_0-1650342371855.png

I got two displays, one is LG ultra 5k on w57000x use a usbc cable, the second one is on radeon VII use dp cable.

in windows I can only put one of the two screens display, the other will be black, because this two gpu can‘t work at the same time.

I can only switch the gpu by uninstall the using one. and then install again. then the list will be displayed like this

tutuluo_1-1650342697253.png

so is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Here is AMD latest Boot Camp driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/apple-boot-camp

You can try this UNOFFICIAL Boot Camp driver site where the author modifies the latest AMD Driver to work in a Mac PC/Laptop: https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

But this is the Compatibility Chart from the above Unofficial Boot Camp site:

Screenshot 2022-04-17 125621.pngScreenshot 2022-04-19 070832.pngScreenshot 2022-04-19 070908.png

You can see which version will work with both of your GPUs.

Unfortunately, AMD Support won't help with Boot Camp issues and will refer you to Apple Support while Apple Support will refer your to AMD Support.

NOTE: The problem seems to be that you have both a Professional GPU (Radeon Pro W5700X) and a Consumer GPU (Radeon VII) in the same PC. So you need to find a Boot Camp driver that supports both GPUs in your Mac PC under Windows Boot camp.

0 Likes

Looking at the regular Windows driver for both the Consumer Radeon VII and Professional GPU Radeon Pro W5700 the last Professional GPU Driver for both is from 12/03/21 version 21.Q.4

While for both GPU cards the latest Adrenline Driver is from 04/05/2022 version 22.4.1
0 Likes

yes,I think this is the reason why I remeber both cards did work well before, and went wrong when once updated!

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

I have the same Problem but i use a W6800X and a 6900XT. It worked before with the Bootcamdriver May2021 Edition. At this Time i had your GPU Setup. For now even with the new 22.5.2 Driver from Bootcampdrivers.com it dosn't work for me. I hope this will work again soon.   

0 Likes