cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Ekin7K
Journeyman III

Drivers randomly uninstalling themselves on RX 6500 XT

I own a RX 6500 XT and have experiencing an issue, where suddenly I wouldn't get an output signal from my graphics card. So I restart my PC and low and behold, my drivers are gone. On device manager, the gpu shows up as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". If I try to install the latest drivers after that and restart my PC, nothing happens and the drivers are still not installed. I have to use DDU to completely wipe my drivers and then I have to reinstall them once more. This issue has been happening to me since I have installed the latest 22.11.2 AMD Adrenalin drivers and still happens every second day or so. I will try to install the 22.11.1 drivers, since they haven't been giving me these kinds of problems in any way before. My friend owns an RX 580 4GB and has been experiencing a similar issue since the 22.11.2 drivers. For him, his screen goes black, after which he also has to restart his computer. Either it repeats itself and the screen goes black, or everything is fine. I have a suspicion that this is most likely an issue with the latest drivers, and I hope AMD releases a new driver, which fixes these problems. Can anyone please let me know, if they would have a fix for this problem (which doesn't include installing different drivers, since we are going to try that right now), would be much appreciated!

3 Replies

You need to block windows driver updates, there are guides on the web.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Tried every single method of disabling windows driver updates, still didn't solve the problem. My drivers uninstalled themselves two times today.

0 Likes
Lufy
Adept II

Sounds like you need to download DDU run it into safe mode go into DDU options disable windows driver update and then redownload not just the gpu drivers but also chipset drivers, that last one is important or you may run into even more issues, ofcourse do not forgot to use DDU to remove the Microsoft drivers as well.

0 Likes