cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Sweatygod
Journeyman III

Drivers/Adrenaline crashing pc and corrupting windows install

I’ve been trying to install windows 11 and drivers for two days on my new build. Whenever windows installs properly, anything related to amd software/drivers for my 7800x3d or my 7900xtx crashes the pc immediately and windows will not boot properly. Some examples include trying to install adrenaline, using the auto-recognize driver feature, trying to detect gpu from device manager, or using DDU for my gpu. No matter what I do, as soon as some sort of software related to my gpu is installed/ran, my pc crashes and I have to reinstall windows. I’ve tried using single Ram sticks out and switching them. I’ve reseated my gpu and all my PSU cables to each component multiple times. I’ve taken the gpu out and use cpus integrated graphics. I’ve wiped all the drives before reinstalling windows. Ive tried installing on different SSDs. I’ve used my 2070 super instead of the new gpu (super showered up in task/device manager, unlike the new 7900xtx). It does not matter what I do, because as soon as o try to download an amd driver or detect my gpu, my pc crashes and I end up at a blue screen. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
spycon69
Journeyman III

Exactly the same issue. 

Brand new build with amd ryzen 7800X3D and 7800XT. Trying to install adrenaline and drivers for 2 days now without success. I never had similar issues with NVIDIA. Its really frustrating. AMD should should something about that very soon

0 Likes

Sometimes windows gets in the way. I suggest

1. Download the GPU drivers that you want
  2. Disconnect from internet
  3. DDU amd gpu drivers and reboot
  4. Install drivers and reboot
  5. Reconnect to internet

Also, igpu can complicate things too. I would disable the igpu in bios.

0 Likes
Zalugar
Adept II

I also have a 7800X3D and 7800XT, and while I've been having varying minor issues (only one I can truly attest to GPU fixed by installing the previous driver version), can't say any of it's been to that degree.

Only general suggestions I can think of is to make sure you're using a dedicated GPU cable for each power port for your GPU, so no plugging in a GPU split power cable. It'll look visually horrendous but it's better for it.
You can try installing previous versions of the driver and seeing if that does anything.
Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard installed, and I'd personally also install chipset drivers before video drivers. I've never fiddled with it, but you can double check your PCI Express Configuration in BIOS to make sure it's running at the correct speed, or lower it if you want to see if it running slower will help.
Can try disabling EXPO if you had it on before installing, then reenable if the install works.
Does it have a heatspike during the install? If so, you can make sure your GPU fans spin or not when it's in use.
Check the PCIe socket and plugin for damage.

Otherwise, RMA may be in your future. Probably the easiest (and slowest) option.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply and support. I did an update of MB Bios directly download from vendor's website (ASUS). I also installed latest drivers AMD gpu drivers from ASUS and seems ok for now. I DID NOT installed the adrenaline software since I want to make sure that system is stable.

0 Likes