cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

KaylaD26
Journeyman III

Driver versions after 23.4.3 break certain games

I have this strange issue soo originally i was on driver 23.8.1 and 2 games failed to launch in a strange way i was benchmarking resident evil 6 simply because i know what performance to expect on there aswell as fallout 76 resident evil 6 would launch but fallout 76 did however the performance was atrocious in fallout 76 because it was windowed mode i change it to fullscreen which requires game restart now it will now longer get past the login screen to the game i used fallout76prefs file to change to windowed again and it worked but the horribleframerate is just unbearable soo i tried resident evil 6 again but in windowed mode that works i then changed to fullscreen from its graphics option and it was working however if you quit to desektop and relaunch it will no longer launch soo i downgraded my drivers untill it worked 23.7.2 & 23.7.1 didnt work 23.5.2 sorta worked but resident evil 6 was extremely broken like 5 fps broken 23.5.1 same issue as 23.5.2 then 23.4.3 worked but only sort of like performance wasnt as good in resident evil 6 but it was between 80fps & 140fps soo not and awefull result for the rx 6750xt its better than 5fps lets put it that way also fallout 76 works fine to in fullscreen now because of 23.4.3 but there was a slight issue msi afterburner wasnt showing the driver version soo could get all the stats from rivatuner i did manage to somehow fix it after many ddu then install the drivers over and over again throughout this whole ordeal.

My Specs: ryzen 7 5800x 32gb of patriot viper steel rgb and a rx 6750xt red devil

0 Likes
0 Replies