cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Shonen
Journeyman III

Driver AMD Radeon HD 7800

On the AMD Drivers and Support page, I'm not able to find the drivers specifically for the AMD Radeon HD 7800. I can only see 7790 and 7850. Is there a reason why? Is the 7790 or 7850 one also compatible with the 7800? Thanks for you reply.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First you can download any of the HD 7000 series AMD Drivers for your GPU card since there are no more drivers updates since 2016. Those 2 drivers should be compatible with all HD 7000 series GPU cards unless it is a OEM GPU Card. Then you would need to go to the Manufacturer's Support site to get a compatible driver if AMD drivers don't work.

Second if the HD 7800 does exist it is probably a OEM GPU Card thus not listed at AMD Download page. I would run GPU-Z to find out the exact HD 7800 series GPU card you have installed. Click at GPU-Z , the top upper right corner "LOOKUP" to see which GPU card you have install.

You can either use Windows Update to install the best compatible HD 7800 series AMD driver or download the 2 last AMD drivers from 2015 & 2016.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

First you can download any of the HD 7000 series AMD Drivers for your GPU card since there are no more drivers updates since 2016. Those 2 drivers should be compatible with all HD 7000 series GPU cards unless it is a OEM GPU Card. Then you would need to go to the Manufacturer's Support site to get a compatible driver if AMD drivers don't work.

Second if the HD 7800 does exist it is probably a OEM GPU Card thus not listed at AMD Download page. I would run GPU-Z to find out the exact HD 7800 series GPU card you have installed. Click at GPU-Z , the top upper right corner "LOOKUP" to see which GPU card you have install.

You can either use Windows Update to install the best compatible HD 7800 series AMD driver or download the 2 last AMD drivers from 2015 & 2016.

Thank you, this cleared things up for me. Using GPU-Z , I could determine that I have the 7870XT and uses the same drivers that I already had installed. I've been having issues with screen tearing while playing games. Guess it has nothing to do with the drivers then....

Thanks!

Unfortunately, if you want to update to the latest AMD driver, for gaming or app,  you will need to purchase RX Series AMD GPU Card that are still supported.

Tearing could be related to the GPU drivers (configuration or settings)  but some other person with experience in gaming could assists you with that.

Good luck.

wayne63hvacr
Journeyman III

I had good luck with this driver package. I have an old pc running an A-10 6800K apu on Windows 10 64 bit.

Original gpu with this driver setup was an R9 270, but now have replaced it with an HD 7750. I cleaned out all the old drivers before installing theses drivers. Anyway, it may work for you.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-6-1-legacy