Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

mLukasm
Newcomer

CS2 7900XTX Driver Timeout

Hey everyone,

I’ve been dealing with driver timeouts on my system for the past few months and wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone. My setup includes a 7900XTX Hellhound, 7800X3D, B650 Tomahawk Wifi, and 2x16GB Corsair 6000 MHz RAM. (I play at 1920x1440 (4:3) stretched on a 240Hz monitor.)

The crashes seemed to start around the release of the AMD 24.5.1 drivers, but I couldn’t pinpoint exactly when. I scoured Reddit and other forums for solutions and tried everything from disabling MPO and hardware acceleration in browsers to performing a clean Windows install and reverting all overclocks—nothing worked for the last 2-3 months.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally found the issue: using 8x MSAA in CS2 was causing the crashes. When I switched to 4x MSAA, the crashes stopped, and I was even able to overclock my system with no problems.

Interestingly, the same issue occurs when playing CS2 in Vulkan or DX11, so switching to either one doesn’t help at all. It could be something AMD or CS2 did recently that triggered the problem.

If anyone else has experienced this issue and has found a way to use 8x MSAA without crashing, I’d love to hear your solution. Hopefully, this post helps others who are dealing with similar driver timeout problems.

Thanks!

0 Likes
0 Replies