cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

GeneralStrom
Journeyman III

Constant game crashes, color changes in games and odd Graphic card errors since 7/10/22

Since 7/10/22 I have had lots of odd failures occur with my RX480 card.  It started with Gloria Victis crashing once every few days, forcing me to reboot my computer.  I cleared the drivers with AMDs software and reinstalled the current driver.  Had the same issue.  I tried several avaiable drivers including earlier drivers. I even tried loading just the windows 10 AMD driver. This seems to make matter worse. Each driver seemed to have it's own problems. I started getting what seemed like random odd issues with the graphic card.  Thinking that maybe I got a corrupted file in Windows I compleated cleard my SSD and reinstalled a freash copy of windows 10.  I installed the current driver and installed the game and still the game crashed, but at least the odd errors went away.  I am current running version 22.Q4 as it seems to be the most stable driver.  I get Wattman errors, Utility Engine failure and just plain game crash with no reason given.  I have even gotten the diver not compatable with you video card error once.

Also depending on the Driver the games graphic would be different.  One driver I would only be able to run the game on extreeme low settings and other run the game on high settings. I have tried running the game on low setting for all the drivers and the game crashed.

I read the Reddit AMD help and I see lots of others having the same issues with various different grahic cards that I am and there does not seem to be any fixes for these issues.  I have sold AMD and ATI/AMD graphic cards in custome build computers for customes for close to 3 decades.  I have never not been able to reslove any issues that have come up with customers systems that I built, But I am stumped.  I bought new paste for my Cpu and GPU. I bought a HUGE heatsink and fan for my CPU.  This dropped the temps I was running at, but did not solve my crashing issues.

As I said earlier this all started with my 1st Gloria Victis game crash on 7/10/22.  Prior to this I had played Gloria Victis with ZERO issues for over 2 years.  I am stumped and looking for ANY ideas to try.  

I am connect with a HDMI cable to a Phillips 4k TV.

My sysem info is:

Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F2, 7/15/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product 990FXA-UD3
BaseBoard Version To be filled by O.E.M.
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.2251"
User Name DESKTOP-N1FQV45\thore
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.96 GB