cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

GHOSTFREAK
Journeyman III

Confused where the chipset and graphic drivers get updated

Hey everyone, I'm new to windows so I don't have a clue how to update the drivers for my gpu and chipset. In settings I see AMD Adrenalin Edition and AMD Chipset Software in Installed Apps. My question is that are these two different things, or i can delete the AMD Chipset Software and update the chipset and gpu software from AMD Adrenaline. Thanks In Advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies

I personally rather update my Drivers personally.

You can't update the AMD CHIPSET drivers from Adrenaline Radeon Settings only the AMD Graphics driver. No need to uninstall the AMD CHIPSET Drivers unless the installer recommends it.

To update your Motherboard's AMD CHIPSET go here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

Screenshot 2024-09-02 213330.png

To update your AMD Graphics Driver go here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

Screenshot 2024-09-02 213539.png

Note: Make sure to use either AMD CLEANUP TOOL or DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove your current AMD Graphics Driver.

0 Likes

My laptop has AMD Radeon Integrated Graphics, will I find its drivers there?

0 Likes

Most likely.

What is your laptop's AMD APU Processor make & model?

But it is best to use your laptop's Manufacturer's OEM AMD Graphic driver from your laptop support download page.  Those are 100% compatible and will support all of your laptop's graphic features.

Unless your laptop's OEM AMD Graphics driver is very out-dated you can install AMD basic Mobile laptop Graphics driver and see how well it works.

at AMD Download page, the link I posted previously, click on "Processors" and then click on your laptop's APU Processor. It will show you the latest AMD Mobile Graphics driver for your laptop unless you have a Intel processor.

If so then click on " Graphics" then click on your Laptop Mobile AMD GPU Card.

0 Likes