Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

TonyNorton600
Journeyman III

Cloning sofware

Hi All,

can somebody please recommend a decent software suite that includes cloning. It must recognize an M.2 NVMe SSD as a drive. Please don't say Acronis, Although I have Acronis Disk Director 12.5, on Perpetual License, it doesn't include cloning. I've tried the Acronis site but just get sent round and round in never ending circles.

Reason I ask is that my PC has just been upgraded with a Mobo installed W.D. M.2 and I am at present using Windows 10 and, before I take advantage of the Win 11 offer, I would like to make a cloned copy of my M.2, to another of exactly the same make and spec, so I can return to Win 10 if I don't like Win 11.

I don't expect the software to be free, you get what you pay for.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks in advance.

Tony Norton

0 Likes
5 Replies
Freaks1
Journeyman III

Certainly, there are several software suites available that include cloning features for various purposes, such as disk cloning, system migration, and data backup. Here are a few options to consider:

1. Acronis True Image: Acronis True Image is a comprehensive backup and recovery solution that includes disk cloning functionality. It allows you to create full system backups, clone disks, and migrate your operating system and data to a new drive. It supports both local and cloud backups.

2. EaseUS Todo Backup: EaseUS Todo Backup offers disk cloning and system migration capabilities. It's user-friendly and provides options for cloning your entire disk or specific partitions. It also supports backup and recovery features.

3. Macrium Reflect: Macrium Reflect is another popular choice for disk cloning and imaging. It offers a free version with basic features and a paid version with advanced options. It allows you to create disk images and clone drives for backup and migration purposes.

4. AOMEI Backupper: AOMEI Backupper provides disk cloning, system migration, and backup functionalities. It's available in both free and paid versions, and it offers features like incremental backups and support for dynamic disks.

Above these you can use according to your need.

Hi,

thanks for the info. I have tried all those suggested, but none of them gave a satisfactory answer to the simple question "Does your software recognize a Mobo-socketed M.2 NVMe as a drive?". Also, whilst I do not expect software Suites to be free, I am not in love with the idea of annual payments for a suite that is used only occasionally.

I found what I was looking for by phoning a local PC builder/repairer/anything to do with PCs and asking "If I bring in an M.2 loaded with Windows 10, together with an identical blank M.2, could you clone the former to the latter". Their answer was "We have the technology". I took the 2 M.2s to them, they did the job, and I am now running the clone, which has been upgraded to Windows 11, and I have stored my original ready for use if I decide I don't like Win 11. So far the only complaint that I have with Win 11, as, it seems do thousands, if not millions, of users have, is that the Windows Start icon does not take one straight to 'All apps'.

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

AOMEI is amazing used it twice to change from a HDD to SSD and now to NVMe. 

Let me give you one more. MACRORIT. Although, i never tried cloning or OS migration on this one.

Good luck 

The Englishman
daloco1
Adept II

i've done this with the free version of acronis true image that comes with western digital drives.
make a backup image on a separate drive, create usb drive to restore image. install win 11 and play with it, if you don't like it, boot from the usb and restore the win 10 image.  easy, and free to boot. done on a b550 with a WD black M.2

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi II - Ryzen 9 5900X - Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO - 32GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3600 - Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX - Corsair RM1000x - Corsair 5000D Airflow
0 Likes
KaylaD26
Journeyman III

Ive used hasleo win to hdd it does detect my ssd its not the most stable software soo don't expect to much from it but it does the job. 

0 Likes