cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Tethrinaa
Journeyman III

BSOD pointing to various AMD drivers, DDU didn't resolve

I'm getting fairly regular bsod's for some time now (almost every night overnight, maybe once per two days not overnight, once per week or two while using).  Hoping somebody can recognize the errors or help me troubleshoot.  I consider myself a power user, have built multiple PCs for my own gaming use.

Error (Latest set from reliability monitor):

• Hardware error: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent, Bucket ID: LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_Cache_PRV_BANK5_MSCOD0000_MCACOD0108_PCC_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys 
  • Shut down unexpectedly: Problem Event Name: Bluescreen, Bucket ID: DISABLED_INTERRUPT_FAULT_CODE_AV_amdppm!HvRequestIdle

Minidump
Memory dump

Things I have tried, not necessarily in order:

• New Power supply (+150 watts or so from the old one).
  • Reseated components, cleaned case, plugged PC directly into a wall outlet
  • Backed memory timings off, reduced memory clock speed from 3600->2133
  • Manually set to pci-e3
  • Disabled PBO, backed off processor cores to 3800
  • Updated Bios, chipset, DDU'd video drivers
  • sfc scannow, chkdsk, dism
  • 4 passes with memtest immediately after a reboot, no errors
  • Prime95 for about 45 minutes immediately after a crash, no errors (Torture test took temps to 85C-90C, gaming doesn't typically go that high)  I know this isn't that long, but I hate torture testing my CPU, and I aborted in favor of disabling 2 cores at a time (that test is in progress)

Running a Ryzen 3600x, sapphire pulse 5700, on an MSI X570 A-Pro.  Almost always is crashing when I am not actually present at the PC, though it has crashed once or twice while I was using it for nothing intense (youtube video running in background, just navigating the OS).  Hibernate is disabled, and I have attempted to disable power saving settings where I could find them, but willing to try anything on that front.

I am currently running with 2 cores disabled at a time to see if the crash is limited to a particular core, but I am not very hopeful, it feels more like a driver issue than a hardware one, and I am less sure where I should be looking in that realm.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Tethrinaa
Journeyman III

Swapped out the ram, issue still occurring.  I've seen reference in other places that random 0x124's are a defective CPU.  How long is such an issue covered by warranty?

0 Likes
Tethrinaa
Journeyman III

Finally got a CPU to swap it out, and the issue (and many others I wouldnt have suspected) turned out to be the CPU.  Was defective, had it for just over 3 years so AMD wouldn't replace.  For the record, it did this out of the box and got worse over time.  I assumed it was every component but the cpu, and just took too long to getting around to swapping out the CPU after I had swap tested every other part over literally years of on and off testing and slowly acquiring more parts.  This was my second defective CPU in 3 purchases across 3 generations of AMD CPUs, so I will probably avoid AMD going forward, sadly. GL to any having similar problems in the future.  My advice is you should rule out RAM immediately because its cheap to do so, then just RMA the CPU, whether you know it is that or not.

0 Likes