Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

wowexec
Adept I

Baldur's gate 3 cutscene often crashes

Hi,

i'm using radeon 6600 xt driver v. 23.7.1 when i play bg3 during cutscenes the game often crash.

Anyone else?

3 Replies
gorka257
Journeyman III

Same issue for me, rx580 user. I saw on reddit many people having the same problem, all of them using amd graphics cards. 

In my case I tried to lower the quality of the graphics and switching to vulkan but doesnt work always, so on every cinematic I try diferent things. I just read on reddit from a user saying that switching resolution to 720p helps, but same thing, it might work sometimes.

Its curious, this same problem happened to me on Escape From Tarkov a year ago but luckily the action that triggered the bug was a unic animation that only appears once in 6 months. Switched grapchics to minimum, trigger the animation and set back graphics again. 

Im currently searchong solutions while i continue playing. Ill update if i find anything.

0 Likes
gorka257
Journeyman III

Made it work by underclocking gpu a 5%. 8 more hours played without problem

0 Likes

I had some problems with the graphics but this link to my setup should help a little i hope. Some what similar but my main issue was the Anti Aliasing thingy, made it seem like the cut scenes were close to crashing. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/chronos-mini-setup-for-bg3/m-p/628025#M100890

0 Likes