cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Szubix
Adept I

AMD USB Drivers Bugged Since Windows Update

For the past month my AMD USB Drivers have been bugging. Even when no USB device is plugged in, Windows device error goes off every literal second. Only when I disable AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller1.10 (Microsoft) Does it stop. But then NOTHING works. This has been my existence unless I mute windows system sounds... https://gyazo.com/1fe251829f86bca3d2e6ce91b9775ae7 

How do I fix this? I've done 3 windows re-installs, upgraded to windows 11, and downloaded AMD Adrenaline Edition and let it try to figure it out. I've even manually downloaded the correct device drivers for my motherboard. WHAT is happening?!

12 Replies
Dragokar
Forerunner

Did you install the chipset drivers?

0 Likes

Yes, twice actually. I'm about to try it again.

0 Likes

It did not fix the problem. Is there something I can install that detects this stuff? Clearly ASUS Adrenaline Edition isn't fixing anything.

0 Likes

Just a sidenote, do you have an up2date uefi installed?

0 Likes

According to My Asus, my laptop is up to date.

0 Likes

Tbh if you do have the same problem after a fresh install, make a RMA.

0 Likes

I've had my laptop almost 3 years now... I don't think I'll be eligible. I might have no choice, but to do a complete wipe of my files (back everything up of course) and do a complete factory reset. I don't want to, it's an absolute pain. I don't really have a choice though. I've tried every other possible solution. If that does not help, I won't purchase an ASUS product ever again.

0 Likes

Factory reset usually just reinstalls the OG image, and usually laptops are full of crapware from different vendors. IF you do a new install, please do a fresh one via USB stick. Windows and settings are done in less than 30 minutes.

0 Likes

Welp. Since it's the USB drivers that are bugging, I can't back anything up. I can't use a USB device at all. I'm at a total loss. This laptop is 2 years old, and now I'm running into these problems. I can't afford to take it to a repair shop. (Nor do I trust them to be honest.) So I'm just forced to deal with it until I can afford to build a gaming desktop. The battery now only lasts an hour too. I will never buy an ASUS product EVER again.

0 Likes
Szubix
Adept I

Update: I'm still getting Windows USB Device errors. I've done every possible fix imaginable. I even asked Tech Support. They have no idea how to help me. Windows 11 still shows as Windows 10 via the system. So I think I'm going to avoid ASUS from now on. I don't want to pay over $1000 for corrupted windows. Never again.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Forerunner

You cannot return it, right?

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

When I get usb error sounds every driver update I have to remove the AMD USB LED entries in the HID section of device manager. AMD LED USB HID.JPG

I have an example of it here:

0 Likes