Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

eriecn
Adept I

AMD Streaming Audio Device driver error

Hello everyone,

I would like to use the AMD noise suppression technology.

However, unfortunately it structed at day 1 due to failure of a driver issue on "AMD Streaming Audio Device".

I have a clean Win10 system installed at just yesterday.

And the latest Adrenalin driver.

But I just cannot get the virtual microphone works.

Re-install the driver in factory mode does not help.

Uninstall the driver at the safe mode then re-install the driver package does not help, as well.

I even paid a try on the pro version, but there is not noise suppression feature at all.

In device manager, the system said "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37) Object Name not found."

Uninstall the device, then perform a hardware change scan does not work, too.

Since it is just a virtual device, the system cannot find any real hardware change at all.

All details in attached screen-shots as below. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I think it has to be a software interrupt or something,  but cannot identify the root cause.

Thank you all!

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello merchantmedia,

It seems your issue is still different from mine.

I have been managed to solve my issues, so I listed my steps as below.

Please verify whether some of the steps would be helpful for you, too.

BR, Eric

My steps:

1. download a tool to totally wipe out Display Drivers called DDU;

2. download full Adrenalin driver of previous patch level, ideally 24.5.1, you will need the offline full installment package, which would cost more than 700m HD space;

3. change your windows displaying language and location stuff in to English(US), in case it is not; (important)

4. cut down your network cable and wifi, to stop windows update from functioning; (important)

5. restart windows to safe mode;

6. use DDU to wipe out display card drivers;

7. restart windows normally when required, manually install the 24.5.1 driver package without internet access;

8. restart windows 2~3 times according to screen pop-ups request, if there is not any, wait for 3~5 minutes than restart for the last time;

9. check your Display Card, sound card, Spearkers, Micphone drivers status;

10. in case of everything works fine, you could restore your internet access now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
merchantmedia
Journeyman III

I am having this same issue. It seems the driver update version 24.6.1 is corrupting the driver we need to be able to use the Vizio V51 soundbar to appear as a sound output option. The soundbar connects perfectly on my other PC with different video card. I'm scouring internet for help. I reset my PC twice and still same problem as soon as I install video card driver.Screenshot 2024-07-09 214223.jpg

0 Likes

Hello merchantmedia,

It seems your issue is still different from mine.

I have been managed to solve my issues, so I listed my steps as below.

Please verify whether some of the steps would be helpful for you, too.

BR, Eric

My steps:

1. download a tool to totally wipe out Display Drivers called DDU;

2. download full Adrenalin driver of previous patch level, ideally 24.5.1, you will need the offline full installment package, which would cost more than 700m HD space;

3. change your windows displaying language and location stuff in to English(US), in case it is not; (important)

4. cut down your network cable and wifi, to stop windows update from functioning; (important)

5. restart windows to safe mode;

6. use DDU to wipe out display card drivers;

7. restart windows normally when required, manually install the 24.5.1 driver package without internet access;

8. restart windows 2~3 times according to screen pop-ups request, if there is not any, wait for 3~5 minutes than restart for the last time;

9. check your Display Card, sound card, Spearkers, Micphone drivers status;

10. in case of everything works fine, you could restore your internet access now.

0 Likes

"I have the RX 6650 XT GPU, RYZEN 5 5600 G and I'm facing several problems. First, Fortnite drops a lot of FPS when playing on Ultra settings, and the game feels very choppy with bad movements. Secondly, when I start streaming, my GPU temperature rises significantly, and the game lags even though my internet is fine. Once I pause the stream, the game runs smoothly again. Could it be that the drivers are problematic and my GPU isn't well optimized?"

0 Likes
darkradeon
Adept III

I have the same issues. ddu cleanup doesn't fix.

driver  24.7.1

radeon rx 6700 xt

windows 10 pro 22h2

ryzen 3600x

32GB ram

etc etc

0 Likes

I would suggest you to give driver version 24.5.1 a chance.

Hints:

1. DDU;

2. English system;

3. cut down your internet access;

4. 24.5.1 offline full installation.

0 Likes

1. already did as i wrote

2.  doesn't matter at all

3. already did

4. that's not a fix.

0 Likes
darkradeon
Adept III

24.8.1 still same issue on rx 6700 xt

0 Likes
darkradeon
Adept III

reinstalling manually the 1.0.0.9 shipped up with 24.5.1 included seems to work.

0 Likes

and overinstalling again the 1.0.0.14 fixes seems to work too

so dear amd, and also dear DDU team, there is something really wrong in your (un)installer tool.

justpassthrough
Journeyman III

Same issue here in driver 24.8.1, "AMD Streaming Audio Device driver error code : 37", and caused  W11 BSOD after then.

forced to back to 24.5.1 to fix "AMD Streaming Audio Device driver error".

0 Likes