Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

ir0hs
Journeyman III

AMD Software: PRO Edition Causing Audio Issues

Hello everyone!

I'm a little new to PC-Building and I'm not too familiar with all the jargon, but I've noticed something a little strange when installing AMD Software: PRO Edition for my 5600XT.

On a fresh install of Windows, audio outputted through my monitor would work as it normally should. However, when I installed AMD Software for both my chipset drivers and graphics drivers, the audio freezes and becomes choppy. Doing simple tasks such as dragging a tab to my second monitor, switching tabs, typing, scrolling, and launching applications stutters the audio. I know that my system isn't muting the audio or anything like that because when I check my sound devices tab, it shows a consistent output of audio.

For the time being, I've completely uninstalled AMD Software since it's become unbearable to have to constantly listen to audio coming in and out. However, I don't want to have an unoptimized PC and I'd appreciate some help figuring out what's going on.

Note: When I connect my Bluetooth earbuds, audio is fine in both cases, it seems to only be an issue when outputting directly from my first monitor.

0 Likes
0 Replies