cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

krunch_79
Adept I

AMD software keeps deleting

My AMD software is constantly being removed from my pc. I have stopped windows from doing updates to see if that worked. It will remove the software without any updates or restarting. I have to reinstall the adrenaline software everyday sometimes i might make it 2 days before it is removed. Is this an issue on AMD's side or something on mine.

GPU                                       VRAM                                              CPU                                          RAM

Radeon RX 6900xt                    16368  GDDR6 2000MHz                Ryzen 7 5800x  8-core            32GB

8 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You could try following this guide. https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/how-to-stop-updates-for-drivers-with-windows-update...

I haven't head of Adrenalin just being removed without the user being prompted but I have heard of it being overwritten by Windows. Hopefully this helps.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
xxrune
Adept III

The same thing kept happening to me, and I think I know why. The file gmdb.blb is the culprit. Every time I get a black screen, I have to hard-reboot, and when I did that, I also had to reinstall AMD drivers. I think it's either the gmdb.blb file or directx, or both, because every time I try to verify the integrity of game files in CSGO, I keep having to reinstall directx.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

YES!!!! that's exactly what just happened to me

Have you been able to resolve this problem or still having the same issue

0 Likes

Well, there is a temporary solution to stop you from having to reinstall the drivers, but it won't fix the black screen you get when you play games. Use the temporary solution at your own risk. Basically, after you've applied the temporary fix and you can't open the driver, you just have to restart your PC, and then you should be able to open the driver again. Personally, I would just wait for AMD to fix their drivers. If they can't do that, I'm getting my money back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/zussjh/adrenalin_software_wont_openstops_working_bug/

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you both tried using DDU to remove the drivers completely, and do a fresh reinstall of the drivers from the AMD site? If so and that yeilded the same results, try reporting the issue here. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Be sure to include everything you can about your hardware configuration including your, GPU, CPU, MOBO, RAM and PSU, driver version and Windows version. 

It would also help to list any programs that run at startup like iCue, Logitech G Hub and Razer Synapse to name a few.

If Adenalin works use the bug report too so you have covered all the possible ways to report this. 

This is a community forum, so you are more likely to reach people on the driver team using the reporting methods above.

Please, if you find any workarounds that work, please post them to this thread so others experiencing the same issue can find the solution, and use it until the driver team can address the issue and fix it.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Yes, I've tried both of those things, and I've already sent them a bug report using the bug report tool. The question is if they are going to listen even through your method, but I will try. Thanks for sharing another way to contact them.

0 Likes
eltaiu
Journeyman III

Just delete this file 

c:\Users\elton\AppData\Local\AMD\CN\gmdb.blb

after that just restart your computer and there we go!

Any question just let me know!

Cheers!!

0 Likes