cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

New Game Support

• Unknown 9: Awakening
  • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6

Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution and AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.

Support has been added to automatically configure AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution with frame generation in:

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Once Human

Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX. 

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent performance impact when entering certain areas while playing DayZ.
  • Intermittent system or application crash may be observed when changing in-game resolution settings while playing Doom Eternal with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Metrics Overlay enabled. 

Known Issues

• Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory).
  • System crash may be observed when first launching SteamVR while using Valve Index® at 144Hz on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • After using the AMD Cleanup Utility for Windows®, the AMD Bug Report Tool may appear intermittently during a new driver install on AMD Ryzen™ 7000 and above series processors paired with AMD Graphics Products.
  • Intermittent application freeze may be observed while loading a save file in Monster Hunter: World.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.10.1, use the tag FORUM-24-10-1-GAMER56

84 Replies
CayroMx4
Elite

Dayz got fixed after 3 years!! 
Good job AMD.
Edit: I entered the city and the gpu usage dropped again to about 60-70%. But it's still not bad.

Edit2: GPU usage dropped to 50% for a moment.

Edit3: F*ck you DayZ still runing like shi*t

After upgrade to 24.10.1 my AMD tool is gone and cant find it..

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Genuinely curious, what is the AMD Tool you are talking about? Is it the AMD Cleanup Utility?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I can't even say that there are any improvements. 

I have no improvements at all

Dayz Working fine here. No Issues

You say that to anyone who has a complaint. Prove it. Post a video of you strolling through Elektro or Cherno with performance metrics visible.

0 Likes
2run79
Journeyman III

After upgrade to 24.10.1 my AMD tool is gone and cant find it..

0 Likes

That's actually hilarious, and unbelievable.

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes

Hallelluah brother! God worked in mysteryous ways and banished the devil from your PC.

rawintellect
Miniboss

Thank you for fixing the missing CPU metrics!

rawintellect_0-1729292380418.png

It would be nice to add CPU Fan Speed.

0 Likes
Darth_Heretic
Journeyman III

Thanks! 

No issues at all. Awakening 9 running great. Cutscenes are zoomed in on an ultrawide, but that an issue for the game devs.

7950x3d+7900xtx= Butter

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes
Grubbs008
Adept I

Why is the save profiles gone from next to the factory reset button? When trying to update, There's always gotta be something wrong with AMD's updates. Unreal. Cant wait to get an NVIDIA again. So sick of this crap.

0 Likes

They're not gone. They are called export and import. Export SAVES, import recalls your SAVE.

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes
vallian0
Adept I

Nothing has changed in dayz. Same performance issues. Why doesn't nvidia's competitor have such problems

Thank you for information.

Nice fix AMD or nice trolling! So I will stay with modded drivers with disabled DXNavi part until next Nvidia cards generation will be available to buy. Great customers support AMD as always!

Lieu
Journeyman III

"Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory)"

this isnt an option? am i being blind?

Lieu_0-1729333043752.png

0 Likes

Intermittent....More like constant crashing should be expected.

0 Likes

Agreed. Pls AMD give me back money that s pay for Space marine 2. I cant play coz your RX 7900 xtx garbage. Ofcz you cant do that, but better focus on fixing monster hunter world, coz Wilds coming soon...it will be not good if another new game will not work

0 Likes

Thats a fix for laptop...AMD believe that desktop RX 7000 works fine. Some human vacuums on this forum always spam "works fine for me 0 issues" and etc. Thats like i got 2 legs so 1 leg humans doesn't exist. Brain dead fanboys suit this forum. No solutions only "works fine for me, something wrong with you".

Lmao I see one of those all over this thread, he replied several times with short comments wihtout much of an intellectual or honesty value. "No issues here", "you Nvidia fanboys" he said lol. I wonder if AMD pays these people for the white knighting.

Does yours look like mine?Does yours look like mine?

0 Likes
W0lfar
Adept II

Nice DayZ fix AMD or nice trolling! So I will stay with modded drivers with disabled DXNavi part until next Nvidia cards generation will be available to buy. Great customers support AMD as always!

0 Likes

Is it stable? And what mod btw?

0 Likes
hansyuli
Adept I

Since version 24.6.1, I’ve been encountering several issues that persist even after upgrading to the latest version, 24.9.1, despite having freshly installed Windows 10 and 11. Here are the problems I've been experiencing:

1. DaVinci Resolve crashes immediately upon starting playback. In this case, i'm not sure if this is the problem with DaVinci Resolve or AMD Adrenaline since it's fixed if I revert back to 24.5.1
  2. Some older games, like Dragon's Dogma 1, refuse to run, displaying a strange error.
  3. (The remaining issue i had in previous driver releases are no longer happening.)

When I reverted back to version 24.5.1, all these issues disappeared like magic. Although some people suggest that these problems are specific to the respective software, the fact that rolling back to 24.5.1 resolved all of them clearly indicates something went wrong between versions 24.5.1 and 24.6.1.

I’m not sure if other GPUs are experiencing similar behavior, but for my 6700XT, these issues have been consistent.

My Rig:

• Motherboard: Asrock X670e Pro RS
  • CPU: 7700X
  • GPU: Gigabyte 6700XT
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair 5200CL40
  • Storage: Samsung 980

To date, the problems I’ve mentioned have occurred with the following driver versions:

I will keep trying new drivers in the future and provide further informations

Some new info: after i uninstall AMD driver using DDU, windows will download a generic AMD driver for my GPU. apprently that GPU driver works fine with everything. So current conclusion:

• Windows Update Driver: working fine
  • Driver version 24.5.1 and lower: working fine
  • Driver version 24.6.1 and above: not fine

So not sure what happened, but from the release note of 24.6.1 here: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 Release Notes, the issue maybe either:

• "Support for Windows 11 24H2"
  • "Official support for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2)...."

Interesting, you think the issues started after 24.5.1? And 24.5.1 was the last version without the issues? So was that version released in May or June 2024?

You said you installed a Windows generic AMD driver and it worked fine. Is that the January 2024 AMD driver (without Adrenalin)? I can relate. Check my other comment on this thread, about webcam freeze issues, while I used the January 2024 AMD driver that came with a fresh Windows 11 install, the webcam worked fine, the freezes only happened after I installed Adrenalin 24.9.1 or 24.10.1.

As for your theory that the issues might be related to "Support for Windows 11 24H2", you might be on to something. I think this doesn't totally excuse AMD but at least gives them a big hint about where and when things have gone wrong and more data to help them fix the issues on their end, IF (a big if) they are interested in fixing and not just ignoring the issues.

Windows 11 24H2 has also been a buggy mess since its official release, hard to believe it's been tested in preview channels for 1 year and they still released it this buggy. But hey it's 2024. Even today I read on a BrenTech video "3 More Reasons to Hold Off on Windows 11 24H2 For Now", one of them is unresponsive cam in some cases, Microsoft "claimed" they are "working" on it yeah right lol.

0 Likes
visario
Adept II

Known Issues

• Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory).

Its not a fix for my rx 7900 XTX coz i got desktop videocard. There is no Variable Graphics Memory.
I think i got better solution and its not temporary - buy Nvidia.  OMG a cant play a game almost 2 month.
And now you broke Monster Hunter World... the game that i was playing coz i cant play SM2 with my friends...what next? Brain dead company. DDU and going back to 24.4.1. You are joke...honestly you ruin my mood. Thx for that.

0 Likes
Youda008
Adept I

Corrupted or missing key frames?

Since version 24.9.1, videos recorded by AMD Software are saved in a strange way that produces errors or glitches when opened by video players or video editing software.

For example, when the video is opened in VLC player and you jump forward, it produces a half-second stutter like if the player has a problem of moving to the new time point.
If opened in Avidemux and "Jump to the next keyframe" button is pressed, it shows an error message.
If opened in Movie Studio 17, and you attempt to move it to any time point, the video preview completely breaks and becomes unwatchable.

It seems like the keyframes are either corrupted or completely missing in the mp4 file.

I suspect it might be related to the supposed fix of "Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync".

0 Likes

It seems that the issue is indeed with the B-frames. If you set the B-frames higher than 0 in OBS, the stream crashes and thumbnails for the Twitch live stream are not generated. If you set the B-frames to 0, the problem disappears.

stustamps
Journeyman III

This last driver update crashed my computer and my screen went black when i was installing the update and it never came back, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and the amd software is not working correctly now, it shows it is installed but i cannot open the adrenalin software... what happened?

0 Likes
Alzarion
Adept I

Good morning,

*Sorry for the mistakes I speak with translator*

How sad,

Each time it's the same scenario and my personal patience has reached its limit.

I will lose 1100 euros for the 7900 xtx taichi 24gb Asrock graphics card.

I will also lose 380 euros for having bought an Amd 7800x3d cpu.

An Asus rog platform Am5 motherboard costs 350 euros.

So I'm close to the 2000 Euros lost if we also count the Expo compatible G.skill ram kit that I bought.

Yes I'm going to lose all this money. Thanks AMD.

Here I will wait until I have the means to make the transition again, Intel + Nvidia.

For me AMD is over for life!

We need consumer protection organizations to raise this against them, it is not normal to continue to sell products that do not work. And for me, whether it is hardware or software (driver), a product must work from A to Z.

I can't stand watching this **bleep** Andrénaline software anymore.

Looking forward to my return to Nvidia and Intel.

I just have to be patient. But believe me, I'm going to spread a lot of word of mouth, as soon as someone tells me about Amd I will 200% advise against it.

To everyone who reads this message.

Run away from this thief company.

Don't be like me and use your money on products that actually work. Good day

There's absolutely nothing wrong with AMD CPUs, nothing, like two different companies, GPUs are garbage. Just avoid their GPUs, take yourself rtx 4080 super, it will be a great combo with your 7800x3d.

0 Likes

This made me laugh because I tried for so long to make their GPU useable.

Upgraded so many times until I was finally like....

I just can't waste money on these GPU anymore.

0 Likes

Hello,
This is what I also tell myself regarding the 7800x3d.
But that doesn't make me want to give them my money anymore.
Regarding my graphics card, I no longer have the means to change it for the moment...
I'm stuck with the 7900xtx for 2 to 3 months.

0 Likes

I switched from 3080 to rx6900xt and am very pleased, the card is simply powerful and has 16 GB of memory! The company's policy does not limit technologies like the green camp with FG made it only for the 4000 series, although the mod unlocks it and works great on the 3000, so green cards are trash, as is the leather jacket policy, AMD has excellent processors and video cards

OOOHHHH....RX 7900 XTX Taichi by Asrcok... the same videocard, and its also doesnt work...hm...
Well AMD got best CPU on the market. 7800x3D or 9800x3d absolutly oblitirate Intel. BUT

AMD videocards is a TRASH and GARBAGE. its an lottery ticket...mb it will works...mb not... Mb you will play new games or mb not...
HEY AMD mb you contact your ASROCK partner and they will make BIOS update? With collabaration with you? Coz i already know 4 people with ASROCK TAICHI RX 7900 XTX that have same issue. Driver timeouts and games crashes...strange...Asrock taichi... 4 different people, 4 different PCs configurations...same problems same videocard...
Seems somethings wrong with this model.

0 Likes