cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

New Game Support

• Unknown 9: Awakening
  • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6

Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution and AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.

Support has been added to automatically configure AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution with frame generation in:

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Once Human

Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX. 

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent performance impact when entering certain areas while playing DayZ.
  • Intermittent system or application crash may be observed when changing in-game resolution settings while playing Doom Eternal with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Metrics Overlay enabled. 

Known Issues

• Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory).
  • System crash may be observed when first launching SteamVR while using Valve Index® at 144Hz on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • After using the AMD Cleanup Utility for Windows®, the AMD Bug Report Tool may appear intermittently during a new driver install on AMD Ryzen™ 7000 and above series processors paired with AMD Graphics Products.
  • Intermittent application freeze may be observed while loading a save file in Monster Hunter: World.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.10.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.10.1, use the tag FORUM-24-10-1-GAMER56

17 Replies
CayroMx4
Elite

Dayz got fixed after 3 years!! 
Good job AMD.
Edit: I entered the city and the gpu usage dropped again to about 60-70%. But it's still not bad.

Edit2: GPU usage dropped to 50% for a moment.

Edit3: F*ck you DayZ still runing like shi*t

After upgrade to 24.10.1 my AMD tool is gone and cant find it..

0 Likes

I can't even say that there are any improvements. 

I have no improvements at all

2run79
Journeyman III

After upgrade to 24.10.1 my AMD tool is gone and cant find it..

0 Likes

That's actually hilarious, and unbelievable.

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Thank you for fixing the missing CPU metrics!

rawintellect_0-1729292380418.png

0 Likes
Darth_Heretic
Newcomer

Thanks! 

No issues at all. Awakening 9 running great. Cutscenes are zoomed in on an ultrawide, but that an issue for the game devs.

7950x3d+7900xtx= Butter

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes
Grubbs008
Adept I

Why is the save profiles gone from next to the factory reset button? When trying to update, There's always gotta be something wrong with AMD's updates. Unreal. Cant wait to get an NVIDIA again. So sick of this crap.

0 Likes

They're not gone. They are called export and import. Export SAVES, import recalls your SAVE.

7950x3d
7900xtx
0 Likes
vallian0
Newcomer

Nothing has changed in dayz. Same performance issues. Why doesn't nvidia's competitor have such problems

Thank you for information.

Nice fix AMD or nice trolling! So I will stay with modded drivers with disabled DXNavi part until next Nvidia cards generation will be available to buy. Great customers support AMD as always!

0 Likes
Lieu
Newcomer

"Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory)"

this isnt an option? am i being blind?

Lieu_0-1729333043752.png

0 Likes
W0lfar
Adept II

Nice DayZ fix AMD or nice trolling! So I will stay with modded drivers with disabled DXNavi part until next Nvidia cards generation will be available to buy. Great customers support AMD as always!

0 Likes
hansyuli
Adept I

Since version 24.6.1, I’ve been encountering several issues that persist even after upgrading to the latest version, 24.9.1, despite having freshly installed Windows 10 and 11. Here are the problems I've been experiencing:

1. DaVinci Resolve crashes immediately upon starting playback. In this case, i'm not sure if this is the problem with DaVinci Resolve or AMD Adrenaline since it's fixed if I revert back to 24.5.1
  2. Some older games, like Dragon's Dogma 1, refuse to run, displaying a strange error.
  3. (The remaining issue i had in previous driver releases are no longer happening.)

When I reverted back to version 24.5.1, all these issues disappeared like magic. Although some people suggest that these problems are specific to the respective software, the fact that rolling back to 24.5.1 resolved all of them clearly indicates something went wrong between versions 24.5.1 and 24.6.1.

I’m not sure if other GPUs are experiencing similar behavior, but for my 6700XT, these issues have been consistent.

My Rig:

• Motherboard: Asrock X670e Pro RS
  • CPU: 7700X
  • GPU: Gigabyte 6700XT
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair 5200CL40
  • Storage: Samsung 980

To date, the problems I’ve mentioned have occurred with the following driver versions:

I will keep trying new drivers in the future and provide further informations

0 Likes
visario
Adept II

Known Issues

• Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory).

Its not a fix for my rx 7900 XTX coz i got desktop videocard. There is no Variable Graphics Memory.
I think i got better solution and its not temporary - buy Nvidia.  OMG a cant play a game almost 2 month.
And now you broke Monster Hunter World... the game that i was playing coz i cant play SM2 with my friends...what next? Brain dead company. DDU and going back to 24.4.1. You are joke...honestly you ruin my mood. Thx for that.

0 Likes