Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

faust95
Adept I

AMD Radeon RX7800 Green screen crashes

Hello, 

I checked threads in forums and I notced that topic occurs again and again.This is my setup:

Graphic card: Gigabyte RX 7800 Gaming OC 16 GB  

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aourus Elite AX

Processor: Intel Icore i7 -13700K

Memory : Kingston DDR5 32GB 4800 Mhz

PSU : 750 W

When I play 3d games (for example Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor) at random times I got green screen crashes and wierd sound from speakers and need for hard reset via button in my PC. I updated my BIOS motherboard, disable MPO, uninstalled GPU drivers, Installed newest version of drivers without Adrenaline, buy HDMI 2.1 cable and still problem occurs. When using normal office or IDE application like IntelliJ etc there is no problem and I can use dual monitor setup. When I want play a 3d game there are some random green screen crashes. My monitors are connected to port via HDMI cable. Please help or provide some tips,solutions, thanks in advance!

8 Replies
CapPain
Adept II

No issues with my 7800XT. Just thinking we may need a bit more background information.

Are you connecting your GPU directly to the PCI slot or using a riser?

What's your monitor resolution, for both of your monitors? I understand you have 2.

What monitor(s) do you have?

Driver version number?

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes I have two monitors

1 ) Samsung LC24RG50 59,940 Hz

2 ) HP E232 - Refresh Rate 60,000 Hz

Driver version number 23.10.2 

I inastalled from this link https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7800-series/amd-rade...

via Auto-Detect version just driver only without Adrenaline Software. My GPU is connected directly to PCI slot

0 Likes
HankSpencers
Journeyman III

I got the exact same problem. Got my 7800xt for 6 days now. 2 times i have experienced green screens. The pc reboots automatically after it happens. 

Dual monitor setup, one with dp cable other one with Hdmi. Bot 75Hz
Got the most recent drivers. 

0 Likes
Antoine514
Journeyman III

Exactly same problem for me. I have a 7800xt asrock challenger OC. I have the card since 3 weeks now and 3rd times I experience the green screen and reboot. No heat or hard gaming. No OC of any kind.my bios is up-to-date and all the drivers too. I ask for a RMA but they don't want to reimburse me. I should have taken the 4070 for Nvidia.... 

0 Likes
faust95
Adept I

I will try to install AMD Bug report tool as a standalone application from this link and try to observe report problems with my configuration during week. I hope that AMD developers will fix that issue after repoprting. Sometimes people rollback to older version of drivers as a workaround , but for RX 7800 i did not test this workaround and I do not know where can be downloaded archive drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

0 Likes
faust95
Adept I

0 Likes
faust95
Adept I

After installing drivers from December and update my OS to Windows 11 no green screens at least on one display that is a progress.

0 Likes
BVR999
Adept I

the green screen says that you are using an insider Windows, the problem may be in Windows

0 Likes