Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

MY2K
Journeyman III

amd radeon adrenalin/crimson drivers rx460 2gb xfx

I start by telling you what happened:
It turns out that I recently bought a second-hand PC, with fairly decent features and an entry-level GPU, my problem started a few days after updating the drivers of my rx460 msi gpu, it began to constantly connect and disconnect a generic monitor not pnp, which generates jerks and total freezes, sometimes to the point of having to restart using the button on the case because it is frozen permanently, it is not temperature, it is not hardware, it is not anything about frequencies or lack of power in my psu, since previously before updating the drivers it worked without any problem, this specifically started after updating the drivers from adrenalin, I tried to uninstall them with the amd app, with ddu, reinstall windows, I also tried other versions of windows both old and current, no It was solved, I also installed the drivers from the oldest to the most current, it was not solved, so I come to look for help on the official AMD site.

I clarify, it only happens with the AMD drivers installed, I tried several monitors, I have not currently tried display port, but I do not think I will use it since I do not have a compatible monitor, the ghost screen that it detects is a wired screen connected through display port (which is not in use)

The characteristics of my PC are the following:
core i7 4790s 16gb ram ddr3 kingston hyperx fury, rx460 xfx 2gb, ssd 240gb, hdd 500gb, generic 700w psu (soon I will upgrade psu to an 80 plus of at least 650w)

I really don't need something more powerful since I only play League of Legends, Warframe and Mortal Kombat XL/11, which worked excellently at 60fps without crashes before updating drivers.

0 Likes
0 Replies