cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

SkipRat
Adept I

AMD PSP 11.0 Device, drivers are not installing.

I am currently trying to install the latest AMD Chipset drivers and for some reason in both Windows 10 & 11.

I have tried both drivers from the board manufacturer and AMD's driver and neither work.

I have updated the bios and all other drivers.

I am currently using a 7900 and a Asrock B650 PG lightening, bios version 1.24

Untitled.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Propheticus
Adept I

The same happened on my ASrock X670E PG lightning. Other people reported the same issue. Rolling back (only) the PSP driver to the previous version made it work again (making it a PSP 10 device instead of a PSP 11 device).

Perhaps it was an ASrock specific issue. The latest beta BIOS for my board v1.26.AS01 description says:

Optimize AMD PSP device settings.

I'm not installing a beta BIOS though. So testing if it's fixed will have to wait until the next stable version.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Download and us Microsoft Install/Uninstall (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool) and uninstall all Non-Graphics/Video drivers and delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD Chipset.

Now run the AMD CHIPSET driver installer again and see if it installs correctly without any errors in Device Manager.

0 Likes
Propheticus
Adept I

The same happened on my ASrock X670E PG lightning. Other people reported the same issue. Rolling back (only) the PSP driver to the previous version made it work again (making it a PSP 10 device instead of a PSP 11 device).

Perhaps it was an ASrock specific issue. The latest beta BIOS for my board v1.26.AS01 description says:

Optimize AMD PSP device settings.

I'm not installing a beta BIOS though. So testing if it's fixed will have to wait until the next stable version.

It did solve the problem and the beta was quite reliable.

0 Likes

Propheticus, please tell me how you did the downgrade from PSP 11 to PSP 10. I can't find the driver for this.

0 Likes