cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

EvoDysnomia
Journeyman III

AMD Display Drivers seem to crash after computer goes into Sleep Mode.

Hello to you all, I bought an XFX RX6600XT Card about a week ago and everything seemed fine the first 2 days.
Until I noticed my display which is a 144hz monitor, was locked at 64hz,  I noticed this behavior when my screen goes black after idling for a while and when I attempt to wake my computer back up, The screen gives back no response.  I can tell the PC itself is still operable because I could still type into my discord chat-box the only way to "wake up" my PC again is to use the power button to restart my PC.
On restart the computer will give me a Adrenaline Crash report screen and the monitor is then stuck at 64hz until I either reinstall the very same drivers. or restart my computer a bunch of times until it starts working again..

I'm sorry for the novel this is my first AMD Card and I just want to give as much information as possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MADZyren
Paragon

HP might not have PSU powerfull enough to run 6600XT. Brand machines usually have very low power PSU's.

On the otherhand, if you can run games fine and do not have instability, simply disable powersaving from Windows power saving settings and turn off the computer for night time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What are the rest of your PC's specs including make/model of your power supply ..?

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date?

Are your chipset drivers up to date from either AMD.com or Intel.com (don't know you hardware)?

Is your Windows install up to date?

What was your previous video card? Did you run the program called "DDU" to remove all past Nvidia/AMD drivers prior to installing your new video card?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Ad far as I know yes, My computer is up to date. Windows 11 Optional Update and Update tabs are empty.
I'm not sure how I can update my BIOS.

My computer is a prebuilt from HP. Most of the parts in this were proprietary including the motherboard and PSU. I cant find any discernable model number on the PSU as most of it seems to be in Japanese.
I could tell you However that its a HP Pavillion Gaming TG01-1X
Before this card, it housed a 1650 SUPER
I will try the DDU software now.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

HP might not have PSU powerfull enough to run 6600XT. Brand machines usually have very low power PSU's.

On the otherhand, if you can run games fine and do not have instability, simply disable powersaving from Windows power saving settings and turn off the computer for night time.

0 Likes

I will try this and edit this post if it helps with the issue.

0 Likes

May not be a "fix" but it's a workaround I'm willing to use. Much appreciated

0 Likes

Hi,

I am having the same issue as you. What is the workaround that you find. Can you share it plz?

0 Likes