cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Miniboss

AMD Bug Reporting for KINGDOM HEARTS

Lets all post the crash bugs in this thread. I will break them down by game.

Further more I have reported several of these via the bug reporting tool. I have come to the conclusion that there are no consistent work arounds for these issues and must be addressed by AMD themselves. The issue lies in Direct X12 as certain games that run DX12 are having issues.

Across all games = Change resolution settings midgame = Crash

Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in a crash if you skip the cutscene before destiny Islands. If you put refresh rate on you will crash if you pause and unpause the game.

Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in more crashes. Locking fps to 60 or 120 results in a crash if you try to battle any heartless on the map. If you try to save after exiting and entering a room you will usually crash.

Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. If you choose to watch cutscenes for your playthrough you will crash on the cutscene where Namine first meets Roxas, but you will also crash on the cutscene where Kairi and Selphie are talking about Sora and Riku. I also crash when pausing and unpausing at times. You will run into a crash simply by entering and exiting a train in Twilight Town.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. The tutorial is liable to crash without putting refresh rate on. Without Refresh Rate on the game is a stuttery unplayable mess.

Send as many bug reports to AMD via the Bug Report Tool, it's high time these crashes were addressed! It us unacceptable how unstable this is on AMD Radeon RX7000 series GPUs.

What's the point of fixes if you ignore the other issues that are being reported?

1 Solution
Draxirch
Miniboss

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-10-37-01.html

The newest drivers fix the issues with AMD XT/XTX GPUs this includes the Asus Rog Ally and Asus Rog Ally X.

===Games fixed===

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

It is with great pleasure I can now mark a real solution.

Thank you AMD you delivered on your promise!

View solution in original post

160 Replies
TakaOtaku
Journeyman III

I also am experiencing crashes in the games, with nothing really helping. 
My Graphics Card is a Radeon RX 7900 XTX.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

There is a very slim chance that Square Enix are working on these issues.

They listed AMD GPU issues on the steam store page, which is a bit disgusting that they released a game with issues....

ace2damax
Journeyman III

Has anyone played around with any of the AMD graphics options to see if enabling or disabling any features helps?

I recall there was issues with Helldivers that you could sort out with changing a few settings and limiting FPS so wondering is there anything we can do to make the game playable

0 Likes
phantomofnyx
Journeyman III

Does anyone know if the Kingdom Hearts issues are in Square Enix or AMD's ballpark...

I've never had a game crash so hard on me that it required a hard reset, and upon doing so resulted in corrupted GPU drivers

where I could no longer boot into AMD's control panel.
"The Version of AMD software you have launched is not compatible with your current installed AMD graphics driver"...
my main monitor was completely dead and trying to reinstall initially told me my GPU was faulty, had a minor heart attack, booted into Linux to check if it really was dead luckily, it was fine.

to fix it I had to completely run the AMD cleanup utility and reinstall from scratch to get it running again ._.

I've never once experienced that from a game crash.

Hardware combo 
RX 7900xtx + Ryzen 5950x

0 Likes

In my opinion it's both Square Enix's and AMD's fault.

I assume the crashing is caused by the application doing something wrong, but no matter how badly coded the application may be it should not be able to mess with the system like that.

Perhaps you should use the bug reporting tool in AMD software to describe what happened to your case, I assume it has more chances of reaching the developers.

0 Likes
Nacht_Fure
Adept I

Ive posted before, its been an issue with the epic ports. I have a 7900 xtx with a 5800x. it crashes the beginning portion with roxas, literally havent able to make progress since..

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

Since it hasn't been addressed since it came to Epic, I don't think this will ever get fixed.

If you want KH on the go, the steam deck is the only viable option now.

0 Likes
zyotchatmajo
Journeyman III

bump for visibility

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

I don't think this will ever be addressed.

If you want portable KH as I mentioned before, get a steam deck, it works flawlessly.

AMD & Square Enix should be ashamed of themselves. The game is getting some pretty harsh review bombs on steam now.

0 Likes
Rik445
Journeyman III

Hello frens, sadly i have to join y’all in this issue. 

I bought a rog ally just some weeks ago and i played lot of games also the dead space remake and heavy ones, all perfect. 

as an huge fan of KH franchise (playing since i have 14, now im 30 old guy) i was very happy to play this game again on handheld pc. I bought yesterday the all in one package , steam version specifically, purchased the code on instant gaming with discount, but unfortunately I came here after tried lot of already mentioned potential fixes, nothing so far, recom is totally unplayable and I confirm that crash after hit an heartless. 

I’m divided, I don’t know what to do, if to ask a refund (still one day after purchase , IG have 14 days policy) or cross fingers and wait for a potential fix, I love this game , I purchased with conviction that I would have play again on my bed lying down instead of my old home consoles like ps5. 

it was a fuc**ng illusion, I hope AMD fix this thing my asap because is absurd. 

let’s this post not DIE, let’s hope and keep us updated. 

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

Bump.

It will not die.

Spookywood
Journeyman III

I think the problem extend further than just amd, as a lot of the crash report also sound like a memory leak issue (i.e play X amount of time before a crash). So even if amd manage to fix their side of the problem, Square also have to fix their end for us to have a functioning port.

0 Likes

11 days ago AMD answered this below a Reddit post.

IMG_4803.jpeg

And square enix developer fixed a post on steam that they are aware of the problem and are establishing an estimated data for the fix.

we may be at a turning point but for the definitive fix I would not expect a resolution before December, I hope they will fix fast, for me they can fix also tomorrow im very happy but these things need months to be addressed. The difference was that on epic games nobody was listened about these crashes, but on steam now the music changed, hope they’ll fix soon, I can’t wait to play it properly, I want to finish all the saga for the 50th times!! lol 

Hello, is there any news? I bought it last week at the Summer Sale and the problem is the same as you are experiencing. I play on ROG Ally

0 Likes

No news at all.

0 Likes
R475YAH
Adept I

Hello everyone, sorry if I'm being palsy walsy. Is this forum still alive? please, I really want to play this game but I still can't. How long can we wait?

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I have been watching this thread relatively closely, and it is clear this is not a one off issue. All I can really do is tell you all to keep reporting issues to AMD and the dev team behind the game and hope for the best. This specific issue has been bothering people for a long time. 
 Maybe tagging a few people might help?

@Matt_AMD 

@Sam_AMD 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Draxirch
Miniboss

The fact that this was released on steam with no fixes for AMD users is atrocious and this is why I got a steam deck.

You do realize that Steamdeck "Is" an AMD device right?
the saving grace is it runs on RDNA 2 which is not part of the affected RDNA 3 architechture, but pretty much everyone is crashing on windows regardless of GPU, it just varies how severe the crash is.

you would have same effect of the steamdeck by installing bazzite / nobara (game mode)
on any RDNA 2 gpu ( 6000 series AMD )

I believe the reason that work have nothing to do with steam or anything else, but because that's the architechture in the playstation, so that's what square enix initially tested against was "UNIX + RDNA 2"
hence the most stable is... UNIX + RDNA2 much to peoples surprise.

R475YAH
Adept I

I give up guys. There is no hope. RIP Kingdom Heart. RIP AMD. RIP Square Enix. this is their answers

Greetings,

Thank you for your patience while we thoroughly investigate your concern and for the information provided. The team would like for you to try some suggestions that may remedy this issue:

1) Check to make sure that your Device meets the minimum system requirements. If so, try adjusting various graphical settings, resolutions and switching between windowed and fullscreen to see if this affects the issue.

2) Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version from the graphics card manufacturer's website. Make sure to do a clean install (or reinstall) of these drivers to reduce the potential of conflicting configurations.

3) Update your Windows Operating System using Windows Update. Make sure to install any optional updates as these aren't installed automatically.

4) Disable any overlays (Geforce Experience, Discord overlay, etc.) that may be present while playing the game. Also make sure to close any other programs that are running alongside the game while playing.

5) Make sure that any anti-virus software you have has the appropriate exceptions for the game's install folder.

6) Perform a clean boot. To do this for Windows 8/10: Open the Task Manager and select the 'Start Up' Tab. disable everything here and restart the PC. For Windows 7: Click Start, type 'msconfig.exe' in the Start Search Box, then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. On the General tab, click the Selective Startup option, and then click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

7) Reinstall the game. If you have more than one hard drive, try installing the game on a different drive.

We hope this will prove useful in resolving the issue that you are experiencing. If the error persists after trying the aforementioned troubleshooting suggestions, please feel free to reply back and the team will be more than happy to investigate further into your concern. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
Angie
SQUARE ENIX Customer Support

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

Bump to get this thread alive!

This issue has been going on for too long now, can we please have an update on the status of this??

Its disappointing to see that this issue is still not addressed.

InsipidCjs
Adept I

What in the actual **bleep** is this???? It’s been an issue since egs and it’s been over two months since stream launch, how tf have they not fixed or acknowledged this 

we need a class action lawsuit 

0 Likes
Nitesco
Journeyman III

Hi, 

I literally just made this account to report on the issue. 

Playing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix - KH1

I have played for over 27hours and today, after taking a few weeks off from playing the game i started having crashes on this game.

To note, when i put 27 hours into this game i had a Nvidia 2070 Super

I then, upgraded to a RTX 7900 XT  and I am explerieincing the same problems everyone here is reporting. 

This is laughable, 2024 and AMD is unable to fix an issue being reported for almost halve a year. 

Where is support? Where is the fix? Do they even care? How long is too long? This was reported and awknowledged months ago

0 Likes
ravenheartix
Journeyman III

Reporting in so that I can follow this thread and see answers.

I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT.

I am also experiencing a crash after about 20-45 mins during gameplay. It's not during cutscenes, but during actual gameplay. I tried the suggestion of changing the frame rate to 30 and that did solved nothing.

Can't wait to see this fixed. I really want to play all these games (never got through any of them as a kid). I know I can emulate them if need be, but since I own them all on Steam now I would love to do it that way. Thank god I got this as a gift and didn't spend my own money.

Maybe of I REALLY want to play I can go grab my Sapphire 5600 and through it back in there.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

All I know is they've acknowledged the issue, they are looking into a fix but have no timeline for the fix at all.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

In the changelog for 24.8.1 there is a statement about Kingdom Hearts being fixed, stay tuned!

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-10-37-01.html

The newest drivers fix the issues with AMD XT/XTX GPUs this includes the Asus Rog Ally and Asus Rog Ally X.

===Games fixed===

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

It is with great pleasure I can now mark a real solution.

Thank you AMD you delivered on your promise!

will this work even if the games are on epic? i really dont want to dish out more money to buy them on steam

0 Likes

Yes except Dream Drop Distance on 2.8

0 Likes

Honestly so happy to see this as I know how long you’ve been shouting for this to get fixed. Good on you Draxirch. Thanks for not giving up

Now I just need them to fix Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, DDD HD still suffers the same crashing symptoms.

But now 1.5+2.5 are fixed its only a matter of time for 2.8.

Maybe not months and months to fix.

Im so happy they fixed it! I just got my ally and I have been trying to play KH2 but have been crashing (duh) I am trying to update my drivers but I keep getting error 182. Can you give some direction on how to install the new driver on the ally please!  currently stuck at 24.10.21.03

0 Likes

Thats normal, you then need to install the driver through device manager to apply the actual driver.

0 Likes

Do you have a link for just the driver not the package? Cant find it and I cant run with the package.

0 Likes

IMG_5225.jpeg

 help please

0 Likes

Look up tutorial on how to install the driver.

You need to go into device manager and follow some very specific steps to install it.

But as previously stated the update the game did on 26th August fixed the crashing you don't need the driver now.

0 Likes

Thanks. How about KH HD 2.8 & kingdom hearts III? Can i play on ROG Ally without crashing?

0 Likes

Yes with the new update that dropped on 2.8 you can, KH3 just works on the Ally so no issues there.

Install the new updates for 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 these specifically fix AMD GPUs including the Rog Ally and Rog Ally X.

0 Likes

Thank you once again for raising this issue in the community I won’t forget it.