Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

maqi
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline Is Always off

Hi everyone,

I've been facing an issue since I built this PC and it's incredibly frustrating.
It's also important to note, that my friend built the PC at the same time as me, we have the same Graphics Card, but a different model. And he is facing the EXACT SAME ISSUE.
We've looked everywhere but were unable to find any info even remotely close to whats happening to us (two different people with only the same graphics cards and nothing else)

I have: AMD 7900 XTX Saphire Pulse
My friend has: AMD 7900 XTX Saphire Nitro+

Description of the issue:
It's quite simple actually. AMD Adrenaline is simply NEVER ON. 

It starts up, it's on for a while, we interact with it, but after a while, it just dies. We never know when it dies or why. We can turn it on again, it works while we are looking at it, but after a while we need it, it's just conveniently off.

The very important reason why we need this is INSTANT REPLAY. This is an amazing feature for both work and fun and we need it on a daily basis, we missed hundreds of amazing and important moments because AMD adrenaline simply wasn't on when we tried to save the replay.

The drivers are always up to date (and were in the past). Currently 23.11.1
I tried writing a bug report, but no response.
We searched the internet but were unable to find anyone facing a similar issue.
You guys are our last resort

We really wanted to switch from Nvidia for years and it was mostly a good change, but this is diminishing our satisfaction greatly.
Please let me know if any of you have any insight into what might be happening and how we can approach a fix. I can provide any additional information and am willing to try anything.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Looks like its fixed actually  

JFM_0-1701864377700.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies
JFM
Adept III

Should work 

JFM_0-1701733541400.png

0 Likes

I dont have EpicGamesLauncher, any epic games app installed, or ever played on this PC.

0 Likes

Give it a shot

JFM_0-1701774260832.png

0 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I already checked this the first time around. This folder does not exist.

maqi_0-1701820407965.png

I don't know what the issue was in the thread you are referring to. But I would like to point out that my Adrenaline works most of the time, but just randomly turns off and I don't know when or why.

0 Likes

Unlike that forum post (which most ppl simply can't open Adrenalin at all), my problem was exactly like you. It always worked when I first launch the pc, but after a while it mostly stopped working for some reason. But this solution worked for me as well, so I thought it would be the same for you. 

Last 2 suggestions from me, hope it helps. 

- Try to create %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\LogsBackup folder, see if it helps. (most likely not tbh but give it a shot)

- This is the other solution that worked for me. You need to download 23.9.1, grab the "RadeonSoftware.exe" from C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext, reinstall recent version again and replace "RadeonSoftware.exe" with the 23.9.1 one. You can just send the same file to your friend as well, he doesn't have to reinstall. I would send the file if I had it tbh but as I said Epic solution worked for me so I removed it. 

We shouldn't have bother with those fixes tbh.. I always heard how Adrenalin was a lot better than GE, and it indeed is, but honestly it doesn't worth much when you can't use the **bleep** program.

This is the post btw

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

Thanks for your reply. 

I will try the EpicGames fix first, even tho it sounds absurd that we have to do this and that it can even make a difference. Sounds like a massive mess

In the meantime, I'd like to roll back the drivers as well, but I'm unable to find a way to download 23.9.1. It's not present on this page:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-790...

0 Likes

Well, its weird... I don't know why it is not available on older versions (for example it is available when I check with 7700XT for some reason?) 

But you can use this website as alternative (or just grab it from 7700XT page I guess) 

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23-9-1-driver-download-and-discussi...

It is indeed a mess that you need to deal with that but what can I say  

(btw yesterday new driver dropped, maybe you can give it a shot before this) 

Looks like its fixed actually  

JFM_0-1701864377700.png

Hey, just curious if the issue is fixed for you or not

0 Likes

Yes, the issue seems to be fixed since the last update, which is why I marked your post as the solution. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Kinda funny because it is not fixed for me hahaha  

Now I realized mine is a bit different tho as I can't reopen it without restarting the pc, but anyway I kinda gave up at this point. I won't use the pc for next 6ish months so they better fix it for good until then..

0 Likes

Im replying, because its indeed not fixe anymore. It just worked for 2-3 days apparently. This is a mess.

0 Likes

Mess indeed, and now for some reason I can't see CPU details on performance metrics for some reason... 

Ppl were saying how AMD's Adrenalin is pretty good, but sadly it doesn't mean much when it doesn't work

0 Likes