Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Regina
Journeyman III

A new feature that people have been asking for for years

Dear AMD Support,

I, and I estimate hundreds if not thousands of users, have been experiencing the same strange problem for years, whereby they have to abandon Wattman in favor of counterparts such as MSI Afterburner. By default, Adrenaline software has a behavior that resets the global profile settings when the driver stops or loses power.

While this behavior is logical by default, in most cases the opposite effect occurs. Often a user's PC is not stable, it has power issues, BIOS can be glitchy, fast startup can cause problems, even a Windows update sometimes causes a reset, not to mention trivial overclocking (not necessarily of the video card). There are many reasons why settings can be reset, although you should NOT do it.

On behalf of gamers, overclockers and ordinary PC users, I ask you to add an optional item to Adrenaline settings that will allow you to disable automatic global profile reset after power loss or other problems. The number of problems causing this behavior is huge, and there is no way for you to fix them. So I urge you to heed our request and add this item.

Sure, I know about profiles, but that's not the solution. And yes, I know that every problem can be fixed in one way or another, but the point is not to fix minor issues, but to solve the issue drastically by adding the "FORBIDDEN PROFILE RESET" option

0 Likes
0 Replies