cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Latmasken
Journeyman III

7800 XT Adrenalin not launching

I have a 7800 XT an I have tried to lunch adrenalin multiple times but it won't start or anything, not even a error mesage. It works just fine but none of the amd features work. I have tried to repair the program, restarted my PC multiple times, and I found nothing about this online.

1 Solution
Latmasken
Journeyman III

SOLUTION

I used AMDs own DDU https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 
And then reinstall the driver and it was working after

View solution in original post

11 Replies
NewAtlantis
Adept II

I had an similar problem with an never ending loading circle but not at AMD software. The solution was to run the file as admin. Not sure it will helps you too.

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

try to reinstall the drivers, sometimes windows ( i do not know why but it happen to me more than once ) decides to install their own driver and doing so Adrenalin software stops working 

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Ram - MSI B550 Gaming Plus - Win 11 / AMD R7 1700 - PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
EvilFonti
Journeyman III

I have a similar problem, upgraded from 7600 to 7800 XT and now I cannot launch Adrenalin anymore.

• I uninstalled all drivers using AMD's tools
  • I updated Windows
  • I deleted cached files
  • I installed the 7800 XT specific driver
  •  

And I did all these steps multiple times now...

the driver is working but Adrenalin is not. After start of the PC the icon is there in the bottom , but when i click on it Adrenalin is not opening and the Icon is removed.

If I try to start it manualy loading circle appears but nothing more happens...

If anyone have any other idea about what I can do I will try it

yurikokolev
Adept III

try to use DDU to remove all the old drivers and reinstall the new ones.

Hope it works

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Ram - MSI B550 Gaming Plus - Win 11 / AMD R7 1700 - PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes

For me not only that adrenaline stopped working but the whole drivers. It didn't want to launch adrenaline or anything else, every game would crash etc. I updated windows after that but nothing helped till I completely removed drivers with ddu and installed them back. Same version btw. Super strange.

0 Likes

i said it before sometimes windows update decides to overwrite the AMD files for his ones and screws everything, the only thing you can do is uninstall with DDU and reinstall, i will notice when it happens when you try to save a game replay ( ctrl+shift+e ) and it won't work , and the icon is no more in task bar

0 Likes
EvilFonti
Journeyman III

• Removed AMD with DDU
  • checked for Windows updates
  • installed Adrenalin
  • not working
  • removed with Amd cleanup utility
  • removed with DDU
  • removed every AMD file and registry entry that was still there
  • installed Adrenalin

Still not working... Any other ideas? (Please no reinstall of Windows...)

0 Likes
morgado
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same issue. 

"the driver is working but Adrenalin is not. After start of the PC the icon is there in the bottom , but when i click on it Adrenalin is not opening and the Icon is removed.

If I try to start it manualy loading circle appears but nothing more happens..."

Tried all steps suggested. 2 different situations

1. Situation
    • Removed all AMD file
    • Removed all drivers with DDU
    • Installed AMD minimal drivers (CPU and CPU graphics)
    • I was able to open (but I guess without really use 7800xt drivers)
  2. Situation
    • Same steps but instead of install minimal drivers installed 7800xt specific drivers
    • Can't open

Looks like https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-9-1-rx7700xt-rx7800-xt  not working properly. And It was 5 days ago

0 Likes
Latmasken
Journeyman III

SOLUTION

I used AMDs own DDU https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 
And then reinstall the driver and it was working after

Didn't worked for me.

I have windows 11 installed and tried whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.1-win10-win11-for-radeon-rx7800xt-rx7700xt

I have the same problem. i try during 5 hours to find a solution but nothings ... if anyone can help.

0 Likes