cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

LOwrYdr24
Journeyman III

3750H black screen after graphics driver install

Never used the forums before, but I figured I'd try as I can't find anything at all on the web about this weird issue. Any ideas at all are appreciated as I cannot figure out what is causing my issue at this point.

So after booting up my laptop for the first time in several months (Asus GA502 with R7 3750H and 1660 Ti), I noticed it couldn't boot into windows normally. After the initial boot logo and windows loading circle, the screen would go black and the fans would ramp up to max. Windows didn't work, but safemode worked, hinting that it was a driver issue. After much pain and testing, I figured out that if I disabled the 3750H display adapter using device manager or used DDU to uninstall drivers, windows would boot normally. But whether I tried generic windows driver update in device manager or the most recent Adrenalin software, the black screen issue would immediately return while the drivers were being installed. I tried good old windows key + ctrl + shift + b, but no luck. It seems as if it freezes entirely. If I go into safemode and disable the 3750H from there or do a DDU install, it works again, but then I'm stuck with the generic display adapter drivers. No matter what I do, I cannot get windows to work with drivers. I'm wondering if I stored my laptop wrong somehow, or maybe updating it to windows 11 was a mistake after all lol. Maybe I forgot to turn it off before I stored it away, and it ran out of battery and corrupted something upon shutting off.

0 Likes
0 Replies